Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z87 extreme 3 and my thoughts on it

Default Z87 extreme 3 and my thoughts on it

Hi everyone
    I have recently got myself a new pc powered by the asrock z87 extreme3 motherboard.There have been a few small things which have been bugging me about this board so i decided to share them.
    Here in India when i had gone to buy a motherboard i had 3 choices , msi's z87-g43,gigabyte's z87-d3hp and asrock's z87 extreme3.
    I went with the extreme3 though my first choice was the extreme4 but since extreme 4 was not available i went with the extreme3.Now i am a little bit curious about this board's design choices that is other than the 2 pcie 3.0x16 slots it has only 1 one pcie 2.0x1 slot ??? and three legacy pci slots.Now my question is why this odd decision to include 3 pci slots ,i am sure this is an enthusiast oriented board and should have had something like 2,3 pciex1 slots and 1,2 pci slots instead of 1 pcie and 3 pci slots.Is this decision based on keeping the cost of the board low or some other issues.Please share your thoughts with me on this because this thing started bugging me when i couldn't find any board with this odd combination of 3pci and 1 pcie 2.0x1.
    Asrock if being extreme at anything went to the extremeness of putting 3 pci slots in the extreme3.Even the previous series z77 extreme3 had 1 pcie 2.0x4 ,1 pciex2.0x1and 2pci slots.
    Other than these bugging issues the board has been running great till now except of one initial error of boot drive not found when i exited the bios after discarding changes ,after that i had to reinstall windows.The bios user interface is very good and everything is running fine.Please share your thoughts on the extreme3 and it's design choices.

Default Re: Z87 extreme 3 and my thoughts on it

Buyers remorse?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: Z87 extreme 3 and my thoughts on it

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Buyers remorse?
    Remorse far from it ,just some obsessive thinking on my part .

Thread Information