Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    that is correct. I could get a DP cable I suppose, but the port is labeled HDMI IN on the MB Shield. (hmm cannot seem to attach a jpg of the rear shield ..)
    The HDMI IN connector is definitely an HDMI Type A not a Display Port or Mini Display Port. Since Display Port has one extra pin, this cannot be an oversight.

    Looking more closely at the graphic - it DOES appear that they are using the Display Port input port. I need to get a DP cable. Thanks,

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    The correct port to to connect the DP cable from the discrete GPU into the MB's rear I/O is labeled #4, "Display Port Input (HDMI_DP_1)", on pg 13 of the online manual
    Correct. And with a DP cable it works great - TB Display at 2560x1440 and a DVI-D at 1900x1200. Sweet. Thanks.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    Correct. And with a DP cable it works great - TB Display at 2560x1440 and a DVI-D at 1900x1200. Sweet. Thanks.
    Hello!

    I have asrock extreme4/tb4 and Geforce 660 GPU


    Im struggling to do same thing but it didnt seems to work. I connect my TB display via TB port and it is working. And I connect my second display to discreet card and it working too,

    Now I trying to "route" my discreet card to TB display to use it as main so I buy a DP-DP cable and connect Geforce with motherboard with it and I cant see any difference.


    What I missed?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by Oloremo View Post
    Hello!

    I have asrock extreme4/tb4 and Geforce 660 GPU


    Im struggling to do same thing but it didnt seems to work. I connect my TB display via TB port and it is working. And I connect my second display to discreet card and it working too,

    Now I trying to "route" my discreet card to TB display to use it as main so I buy a DP-DP cable and connect Geforce with motherboard with it and I cant see any difference.


    What I missed?
    You will also need to go into the ASRock setup under Advanced and set up the TB for either unique ID or DP++ only. Likely need to open the Intel TB utility and authorize the TB Display (will get a message like "not certified for use with windows" that you can ignore)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    You will also need to go into the ASRock setup under Advanced and set up the TB for either unique ID or DP++ only. Likely need to open the Intel TB utility and authorize the TB Display (will get a message like "not certified for use with windows" that you can ignore)
    I already did go to bios and set TB to DP++ only - not helps.
    I open TB utility and connection status of TB display is "not authorized" but I cant find there I can authorized it.

    I made some screenshoots to make it more clear:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pbdkwrxz5916to/tb.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tttoibn9uwc7wzq/tb2.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/694kxax1jqsjqrw/tb3.JPG

    BTW: I understand right what after it start to work I will see TB display in Nvidia control panel?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by Oloremo View Post
    I already did go to bios and set TB to DP++ only - not helps.
    I open TB utility and connection status of TB display is "not authorized" but I cant find there I can authorized it.

    I made some screenshoots to make it more clear:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pbdkwrxz5916to/tb.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tttoibn9uwc7wzq/tb2.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/694kxax1jqsjqrw/tb3.JPG

    BTW: I understand right what after it start to work I will see TB display in Nvidia control panel?
    The Intel TB Panel has a settings - advanced (right click on the widget to see that) where the device connection options need to be "allow any thunderbolt device" On my system, I have the ASRock-Advanced-Thunderbolt set to 'unique ID' The Ethernet hub and facetime camera lack drivers to make them work but otherwise the display is great.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    The Intel TB Panel has a settings - advanced (right click on the widget to see that) where the device connection options need to be "allow any thunderbolt device" On my system, I have the ASRock-Advanced-Thunderbolt set to 'unique ID' The Ethernet hub and facetime camera lack drivers to make them work but otherwise the display is great.
    I change DP++ to Unique ID and after restart windows ask my to authorize new TB device and so I did. Now it's authorized.
    But I still cant see TB display in Nvidia control panel. Should I see it there? Anything else I missed?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by Oloremo View Post
    I change DP++ to Unique ID and after restart windows ask my to authorize new TB device and so I did. Now it's authorized.
    But I still cant see TB display in Nvidia control panel. Should I see it there? Anything else I missed?
    Check to make sure the ASRock util shows the PCI device as the primary display. Then you have to restart - it will only detect the display at startup. And I have had occasional problems with the display not powering up and getting missed. Good luck.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

    Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    Check to make sure the ASRock util shows the PCI device as the primary display. Then you have to restart - it will only detect the display at startup. And I have had occasional problems with the display not powering up and getting missed. Good luck.
    PCI - or PCI Express? I do understand what my Geforce sits in PCI-E, but all this configuration is like voodoo and AsRock never explain it.
    I tried both without any result.

    But here a strange thing I found in displays configuration of windows:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n09obabraf...b-displays.JPG

    1 - DVI-D
    2 - TB Display
    3 - ???

    So status so far:
    Bios:
    Latest firmware(1.20)
    Multi displays are ON
    Thunderbolt display is set to Unique ID

    2 Displays:
    ATB connected to TB port.
    Acer display connected to DVI-D on Geforce

    Windows:
    Lates Geforce and Intel HD drivers
    TB display is authorized
    TB display a working fine on Intel HD
    Acer is working fine on DGPU
    Nvidia control panel sees only Acer.
    Intel HD control panel sees only TB Display

    Then I lunch GPU dependent application on TB display - it didnt use DGPU.

    P.S. Thank you so far for help. You are only one in whole internet who seems to got it work...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •