Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

Default Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    Check to make sure the ASRock util shows the PCI device as the primary display.
    Ops, sec - which util? I though you talking about bios setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Oloremo View Post
    PCI - or PCI Express? I do understand what my Geforce sits in PCI-E, but all this configuration is like voodoo and AsRock never explain it.
    I tried both without any result.

But here a strange thing I found in displays configuration of windows:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n09obabraf...b-displays.JPG

1 - DVI-D
    2 - TB Display
    3 - ???

So status so far:
    Bios:
    Latest firmware(1.20)
    Multi displays are ON
    Thunderbolt display is set to Unique ID

2 Displays:
    ATB connected to TB port.
    Acer display connected to DVI-D on Geforce

Windows:
    Lates Geforce and Intel HD drivers
    TB display is authorized
    TB display a working fine on Intel HD
    Acer is working fine on DGPU
    Nvidia control panel sees only Acer.
    Intel HD control panel sees only TB Display

Then I lunch GPU dependent application on TB display - it didnt use DGPU.

P.S. Thank you so far for help. You are only one in whole internet who seems to got it work...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsblamjpeu...ly%20setup.png shows my windows setup
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7dajosv4i...%20utility.png shows the NVidia tool

I think you need to find out what the '3' is pointing to - check the Device Manager. You should also see a couple unrecognized devices if the TB utility works like mine (Ethernet controller an Facetime camera). I cannot think of anything else to tell you here. Sorry. Might need to reach out to NVidia and ASRock.

Quote Originally Posted by paidcritic View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsblamjpeu...ly%20setup.png shows my windows setup
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7dajosv4i...%20utility.png shows the NVidia tool

I think you need to find out what the '3' is pointing to - check the Device Manager. You should also see a couple unrecognized devices if the TB utility works like mine (Ethernet controller an Facetime camera). I cannot think of anything else to tell you here. Sorry. Might need to reach out to NVidia and ASRock.
    I already check this - no unrecognized devices there. All looks fine.
    I write to Asrock tech support 2 days ago, still not get any answer.

Thank you anyway and may I ask some one last thing?
    Could you check your bios TB settings and chipset settings(related to on board GPU) and write it here?
    I think may be I need some specific combination of them.

Today I received email from Asrock tech support telling me to make sure ATB pluged in TB1 port on motherboard. Mine was in TB2 and after I put it in TB1 everything is ok now.
    Wow. I really can't understand why they didn't documented this feature at all.

Hope this helps someone else.

Hello guys,

I recently purchased an Asrock z87 extreme4/tb4 and it just arrived in the mail this morning. Now, I just finished building the system (outside of the case, just to test). Everything seems to boot up fine, however I am not getting any video on my thunderbolt display. Is there any way to get a video feed through the thunderbolt port without going into the BIOS? I unfortunately have no other display at home, so I cannot configure things. Atm I'm still just using the integrated graphics so I don't need the display-in trick.

Any answers are very much appreciated, there don't seem to be many resources about this on the internet. I'll also be contacting AsRock about this issue, but I fear they may take a while to write back.

Edit: the Dr. Debug Led is showing error code 99 (problem related to PCI-E devices) This is without the graphics card, so no PCI-E slots are used.
    Last edited by Clurch; 02-21-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clurch View Post
    Hello guys,

I recently purchased an Asrock z87 extreme4/tb4 and it just arrived in the mail this morning. Now, I just finished building the system (outside of the case, just to test). Everything seems to boot up fine, however I am not getting any video on my thunderbolt display. Is there any way to get a video feed through the thunderbolt port without going into the BIOS? I unfortunately have no other display at home, so I cannot configure things. Atm I'm still just using the integrated graphics so I don't need the display-in trick.

Any answers are very much appreciated, there don't seem to be many resources about this on the internet. I'll also be contacting AsRock about this issue, but I fear they may take a while to write back.

Edit: the Dr. Debug Led is showing error code 99 (problem related to PCI-E devices) This is without the graphics card, so no PCI-E slots are used.
    I think not. You need go to bios and setup thunderbolt port(Unique ID) and primary graphics as "integrated".

Quote Originally Posted by Oloremo View Post
    I think not. You need go to bios and setup thunderbolt port(Unique ID) and primary graphics as "integrated".
    Any way to do this blind (i.e. without a display?)

Only if you had completed Master Yoda training.

I'm off to Dagobah then.

Unless I get a friend to lend me a display, I guess. I'm also interested in what Asrock will reply, maybe they can teach me the way of the Jedi.

Thumbs up Re: Extreme4/TB4 Thunderbolt Display shows NOT CONNECTED

Hey!

paidcritic: I'm about to go for a similar setup with a GTX780 (asus) and an extreme9 motherboard. Do you have any more experiences to share since you first got this going? For instance, is there any signal delay noticable in games for instance with the displayport passthrough?

Thanks for sharing your process btw, I've been all over the Internet trying to get a definitive answer on wheter this works well or not before i commit to a setup :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information