Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: C2750D4I IPMI interface

Default C2750D4I IPMI interface

Hi,

I have a Asrock C2750D4I and I'm a bit stuck while accessing the BIOS using a VGA monitor. Right now if I connect a monitor to the VGA port it takes ages to display anything (total memory 32 GB), as soon as the BIOS screen appears, I press DEL or F2 and instead of entering the BIOS, the monitor enters sleep mode. Maybe something I have configured previously that made this behavior. Is there any way to configure an IP address for IPMI besides the BIOS? Is there a way to reset the configuration of the BIOS, like a clear CMOS jumper or equivalent procedure via software, I already tried taking out the battery, but it didn't make a difference, apparently.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: C2750D4I IPMI interface

There is a jumper of sorts on the board. It consists of two leaded points that I assume need shorted/crossed over with anything conductive. Probably best done with the power removed from the wall/psu and with the CMOS battery removed.

Look at the manual. You did get a manual, right? It's labeled CLRCMOS1.

Asrock C2750D4I Online User Manual and IPMI Configuration Guide
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

As wardog say you need to power off and remove the cmos battery and shorten the CMOS reset pads.
    I had some problem de-charging the cmos memory so my suggestion is, shorten the pads carefully.

As for the PRE BIOS time I agree totally with you that it takes ages before it starts.
    Would be interesting to get your start-up times, see:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post473524

/Pelle
    Last edited by Pelle Svensson; 12-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.

OK, just to wrap-up this thread. Thank you all who answered. BTW, sure I have the MB manual and there is the CLEAR CMOS jumper faded in some page on the drawing schematics of the motherboard, there is no mention in the text how to operate that jumper whatsoever. I had previously simulated the closing of that jumper by taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back in place after some couple of hours - still no effect.

I then realized that my problem was due to fact I had previously flashed a new BIOS version 1.50 into the motherboard from a USB pen drive. The MB came with version 1.40 as per label on the BIOS chip. After the screen saying the flashing operation was successful, I disconnected the drive a bit after after the reboot - this revealed to be a huge mistake. Even after the instant flash BIOS screen telling me the flash operation had been a success, the fact is that it was apparently not (for some strange reason). The result was the BIOS booting and rebooting over and over without letting me press any keys to access it. The only screens I saw were the BIOS initial screen (after a very-very long time) but not accepting the F6, F2 or DEL or any other keys I tried to press. In desperation, I remembered to investigate what was the "crashless" BIOS feature of ASRock and I thought about connecting again the flash drive to see what happened. BINGO, the BIOS started to re-flash itself to the same version as before, and now I did not disconnect the flash drive until a successful reboot into the BIOS screen again. This solved my problem. What the hell, this operation should be trouble-free and it revealed to be a potential nightmare. I was already thinking on returning the MB for RMA or eventually trying to flash the BIOS chip manually through SPI - It's curious that the BIOS chip on this MB is fitted into a DIL IC support (it's not a surface mount chip like in other MBs), so it's easy to take it out and putting it back again - still didn't know if the 8 megabit raw data from the BIOS files could be easily written to the chip, well this was my last-resort thought, though.
    Last edited by solha; 01-08-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Thread Information