Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A-Tuning causing high CPU usage when computer is locked (Win8.1)

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: A-Tuning causing high CPU usage when computer is locked (Win8.1)

That is odd... or is it? Do you have (Ha!) A-Tuning running at the same time? Or another monitoring program?

Multiple monitoring programs running at the same time can cause bad data for readings that are displayed on both monitoring programs. I noticed this in the past, and verified that is the issue with the author of HWiNFO. Usually it is the programs provided by the board manufactures that have problems, and others like HWiNFO work fine.

Are the examples you posted during one Windows session, or after a restart/reboot?

I don't use HWiNFO32, just the "64" version if that makes a difference. Just tried HWiNFO32, and I see all my fans normally.

I have never had fan detection issues with HWiNFO, except when using Ultra Fast boot. That causes A-Tuning to not detect fans too. But again that is due to the Nuvoton sensor chip not getting fully started. Do you use Fast or Ultra Fast boot?

Off topic: I noticed your low DRAM power usage, what memory do you use, and how much is installed?

It was during one session and yes (maybe) both programs wer running at the same time. I tried to reproduce it but failed. At the moment in HWInfo32 the CPU fan is gone...
    I only use HWInfo besides A-Tuning, no other monitoring sowftware. With Windows 8.1 32 Bit, I'm not able to use Ultra-Fast-Boot. The ultra fast boot is available for 64 Bit OS Versions only. So I use fast boot.
    If there is a slower option in BIOS, I'll test tomorrow if sensors work better with slower startups.

I use 2 x 2 GB Gkill 12800 (1600MHZ). I've left everything on AUTO in BIOS concerning RAM config. I don't like to mess with it...what side effects could the power usage have? I don't have instabilities at all.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    HV, you feel like twiddling in REGEDIT some more?

The last two paragraphs in THIS link describing disabling the Lock screen, IMO, speak volumes as to why you see this A-Tuning/USB Key/Locked/LogonUI.exe behavior.
    Sorry, for the late answer on that; I have already disabled the 'lock-screen' (the screen with the fancy picture showing time and date), thats the first I've disabled - no need to pass two doors to walk in the same room ). So we're talking about the sign-in screen all the time (the one wich shows the users on the pc, not the one ctrl-alt-del-one from the old XP days), though.

I'm not sure if I manage testing a slower boot today and report the result. If not, let me wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and a big thanx for your help and support! Have a good 2014...cheers

Disabling Fast Boot completely neither changes the hardware sensors behaviour nor boot speed. The CPU fan speed is always displayed in BIOS but not in HWInfo. So I believe it is not a bad sensor.
    Is there maybe an other Asrock tool I could use to get fan speeds displayed? Would AXTU or F-Stream work with my Z87M PRO4 board? I don't need other built-in tools like USBKey or X-Fast RAM.

I don't get the missing CPU fan speed display. Do you have the Intel IME software installed? Or ran the correct Intel Chipset/INF file installer?

Those other ASR utilities probably won't work. There are files used by A-Tuning, etc, that have entries for each ASR board. If the file that say AXTU uses does not have an entry for your board, it will fail. You could try and see what happens of course.

Happy New Year to you! Not quite there in the US right now...

Hi all,
    I just bought my first haswell cpu with an H81M-ITX motherboard for my home server\htpc,
    and i have this problem with A-Tuning too, because I use Remote Desktop a lot.

Maybe now it's a bit late, sorry for necroposting, but the actual version of A-Tuning is still not working :(
    I found a (little brutal) fix, and maybe it could help someone.
    I have deleted the "USBKeyCredentialProvider.dll" file in the A-Tuning installation dir, then after rebooting
    windows in safemode, I deleted the same file from windows\system32.
    The system now works well, locking screen and with Remote Desktop too =)

Sorry for my not perfect english :P Bye!

Thanks for posting your fix, or what could be called a work-around.

Given that this works, it tells us that the USB Key feature is at least involved with the problem, or at worst is the cause.

I don't understand what you mean by, "... the actual version of A-Tuning is still not working :(". Do you mean A-Tuning does not work at all, or just the USB Key feature?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Thanks for posting your fix, or what could be called a work-around.

Given that this works, it tells us that the USB Key feature is at least involved with the problem, or at worst is the cause.

I don't understand what you mean by, "... the actual version of A-Tuning is still not working :(". Do you mean A-Tuning does not work at all, or just the USB Key feature?

Sorry, I mean that the USB key feature has the same problem in the last version available of A-Tuning too(ver:2.0.54).
    All other features work properly (without USBKey dll too) :)

SandsOfTime is offline Member

I had the same problem with A-Tuning (ver. 2.0.111.6) installed on my Z97E-ITX/ac mobo. As soon as I accessed this PC via remote desktop (both systems Windows 7 Ult.), one of the two cores of the cpu i3-4150 went up to 100% and raised the power consumption from 18 to 35 watts. After deinstalling of A-Tuning this problem was gone. A solution that worked for me: don't use the A-Tuning version of your specific mobo, but the highest A-Tuning version you can find on ASRock's web site by checking every Intel mobo. Or, for your convinience, download the current version 2.0.191 it from here: Station-Drivers - Asrock "A-Tuning"

Thank you guys for sharing your solutions. Asrock doesn't seem to provide any in form of a new A-Tuning version for the specific mobo's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information