Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: [Req] Help please with new build Dr Debug error message 05 - 970 Extreme 4

Default [Req] Help please with new build Dr Debug error message 05 - 970 Extreme 4

Hi everyone, my first post requesting assistance, all help and suggestions gratefully received.

i have a new 970 Extreme 4 and since installing, the Dr Debug error flashes very quickly 19 then settles on 05.

I have stripped down and rebuilt the PC, and cleared CMOS.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to test and fix this error I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

NM

------
    MB: 970 Extreme 4 - Brand New
    CPU: AMD FX 6300 (FD6300WMHKBOX) - also new
    MEM: Kingston Genesis - 8GB Kit* (2x4GB) - DDR3 1600MHz Intel XMP
    Part Number: KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX
    Specs: DDR3, 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL9, 1.65V, Unbuffered,
    Last edited by enesem; 12-28-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Default Re: [Req] Help please with new build Dr Debug error message 05 - 970 Extreme 4

Hello and welcome to TeakTown.

Two thing come immediately to mind.

1. Make sure the PSU to MB 8pin power connector is connected.
    2. Memory related. Test with different memory. Or place both in either the white or blue slots and retry. Or test with one stick in each of the 4 slots.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: [Req] Help please with new build Dr Debug error message 05 - 970 Extreme 4

Thanks for the response.

The CPU power cables are all correct.

I don't have other memory to test, however if I place this memory in another PC it works fine.

Surely there must be some way of working out what error 05 means ?

This is a brand new build, could it be a fault mother board ? I have been offered an RMA by the dealer, subject to them testing, but this was my son's christmas present so ideally I would like to try and fix it.

Otherwise, I have to suspect it's a faulty board.

Do you have any other ideas ? Do ASRock offer official support other than the forums ?

Many thanks again for the help.

NM
    MB: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
    CPU: AMD FX6300 (FX 6 Core 3.5 Ghz) (FD6300WMHKBOX)
    Memory: 8GB Kingston RAM (KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX 2 x 4GB kit)
    Graphics: ASUS 7970
    PSU: X Strike Aero Cool 600W
    Case: X Strike Aero Cool
    HDD: 1 x 500GB SATA
    DVD: 1 x SATA

Everyone's so quick to lay blame on the motherboard ................ Not all memory is compatible with every motherboard.

If the shop is local, to save you the time and trouble of disassembly, take it there case and all and have them test it with different memory.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I have now tested with an alternative memory stick, and the response is the same, it hangs on error 05.

On the ASRock website, they give links to 2 forums for tech support, this forum and another. I posted to both - on the other forum I have been advised to RMA the board.

(Happy to post the link if anyone wants to read the thread).

Thanks again for the suggestions.
    MB: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
    CPU: AMD FX6300 (FX 6 Core 3.5 Ghz) (FD6300WMHKBOX)
    Memory: 8GB Kingston RAM (KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX 2 x 4GB kit)
    Graphics: ASUS 7970
    PSU: X Strike Aero Cool 600W
    Case: X Strike Aero Cool
    HDD: 1 x 500GB SATA
    DVD: 1 x SATA

Yea, I see you had Snoopy helping there. That's good.

Sorry to read it did come down to a bad motherboard.

Thread Information