Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

Exclamation Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

Hi,
    I'm owner of new Z87 Pro 4 and I decided to update BIOS, because I was unable to run my RAM in dual channel mode and I've learned that it might be old bios version issue. I wanted to update from bios 1.70 to 1.90.
    Update was made in UEFI via Internet flash feature. Everything was just fine, message on the screen said - Update is finished, press Enter. I pressed enter, computer rebooted several times but nothing showed on the screen anymore. Not even a keyboard lights got lit as before. Fans and HDD are running, but nothing is displayed on the screen!
    When I was doing Internet flash I've got USB drive put inside and after flash there is a file named AS776.ROM

Can you guys plz help me to run the mobo again?

I will be thankful for every suggestion.

Thanks

Cool Re: Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

Ok, problem solved. I feel like having christmass again :D

What I did was mentioned in thread and I followed these steps:

Code:
    1. Unplug power from the wall.
    2. Wait for 1 minute
    3. Set the BIOS switch to the B Position
    4. Remove CMOS battery
    5. Jumper CLRCMOS1 to pins 2-3 (Clear CMOS posiition)
    6. Let the Motherboard sit this way for half an hour or overnight

Then -

1. Jumper CLRCMOS1 back to pins 1-2 (Default run position)
    2. Insert the CMOS Battery
    3. Connect the power cable
    4. Keeping the BIOS at position B - start the Computer - Hopefully ......
    With one little difference. I put usb flash drive with newest bios version and hoped for boot.

What is strange, I repeated this process several times with no luck. I left mobo "unplugged" w/o battery for few hours before with no luck. Then I left it for the whole night and after like 10-15 auto restarts everything was just fine.

What I did take from this accident? Never give up

Default Re: Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

Never give up. Where there's a will there's a way. Most times ........

Congrats.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

The suggested use of the backup BIOS system is this, from an ASRock manual. I used this feature once and it worked fine.

This motherboard has two BIOS chips, a primary BIOS (BIOS_A) and a backup BIOS (BIOS_
    B), which enhances the safety and stability of your system. Normally, the system will work
    on the primary BIOS. However, if the primary BIOS is corrupted or damaged, just flip the
    BIOS Selection Switch to “B”, then the backup BIOS will take over on the next system boot.
    After that, use “Secure Backup UEFI” in the UEFI Setup Utility to duplicate a working copy
    of the BIOS files to the primary BIOS to ensure normal system operation. For safety issues,
    users are not able to update the backup BIOS manually. Users may refer to the BIOS LEDs
    (BIOS_A_LED or BIOS_B_LED) to identify which BIOS is currently activated.

Thread Information