Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 Bios, Drivers & Utilities Update

kurosuke5566 is offline Junior Member

Question ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 Bios, Drivers & Utilities Update

Hello,

First of all, Happy New Year to Everyone!

Now to my questions

==>#1 I recently build a computer rig and I am using currently an ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 Motherboard. First look into the bios and the bios started to freeze, and the hot fix was by updating it from (Z87 Extreme 4 issues) <- Bios version "L.72", after updating it the Bios freezing problem was fixed.

Now my current Bios version is "L.72", so my question mainly is that... do I really need to further update it now since on the download list (here: ASRock > Z87 Extreme4) the newest version is at Version 2.60 even the L.72 version I downloaded from the different thread is not on the list!.

Also it mentions quote"
    Please read the information below before downloading or updating your BIOS
    We don’t recommend users to update the BIOS if their system is already running normally. ASRock assumes no responsibility for any damages caused by improper operations of downloading or updating the BIOS. Before you download or update the BIOS, please read " (How to Update)" below carefully."

^and currently my system is running normally, and with the warning regarding "no responsibility for any damages.... etc." I have second thoughts on updating some of the stuff.

==>#2 Also do I have to download and install all of the "Drivers & Utilities"update found at (ASRock > Z87 Extreme4), taking into consideration that my system is running fine as of this moment without those current downloadable update file installed. Also if you check the downloads list, there is a 210 mb or so update file for "Realtek high definition audio driver ver:6.0.1.7004" but when I checked my drivers for realtek it already said's that my Driver is up to date (but current driver shows version: 6.0.1.6873 not version 6.0.1.7004 which presumably the latest version.

So basically just wondering do I need to download and install all of this updates? Will I be missing out if I don't install the updates?

Thanks in Advance!

~kurosuke
    Last edited by kurosuke5566; 01-01-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Information