Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 970 Pro3 2.0 problems

Default Asrock 970 Pro3 2.0 problems

Hi,

I have the following problem.. I have setup a new computer systems (details below) but when i install windows 7 home premium it hangs in de middle of the install. Do i try it again than mostly it goes through the install compleet, but than hangs or gettting different BSOD's when in windows working a little bit like installing drivers or doing totally nothing..

The following i have, i was wondering if it's a compatibility issue or faulty hardware.

Already tryed 1 memory block instead of two, run by the whole bios all is standaard no overclocking.
    SSD install only, HD install only.

My setup..

Asrock 970 Pro3 2.0 latest firmware
    Corsair Vengeance 1600-16GB (2x8GB) - CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
    FX-8320 8 Core AMD
    R9 270X Gaming 2G MSI
    120 GB V300 Kingston SSD
    1 TB HDD
    CD DVD Writer
    CD DVD Reader
    650 Watt Coolermaster PSU

Hoping for somebody that can telly me something.

Greetings, Anne

Default Re: Asrock 970 Pro3 2.0 problems

How are your temps? Stock heat sink or other being used?

Check in the BIOS that the memory's timings and voltage are set correctly.

Have you tried clearing the BIOS the long method, by the CLRCMOS jumper and removing the battery also?

Run MemTest86+ for between 5-8 passes with both sticks of ram installed. If in those 5-8 passes you have an error displayed in MemTest86+ stop everything, shut down, and test each stick individually for 5-8 passes.

How old is the PSU, and what are it's specific model number?

Hello and welcome to TweakTown.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Did you have your ssd and hard drive installed when you installed windows?
    If yes, try installing win7 onto the ssd with the hard drive removed.
    Be sure to do a secure erase on your ssd before you reinstall windows.

To avoid MBR errors, you should never install windows with more than one (partitioned) drive installed.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Hi,

Temps are oke, around 35 for cpu and 25 to 30 for MB... 970 Chipset get around 40 procent measured with infrared temp sensor.

Coolermaster 650W changed it to 600W and still no go.

HD install without ssd tryied and ssd withou HD install tryied no go.

RAM installed a new set of them other brand and in the list of compatible also no go.

Settings in bios is all standard, no overclocking, OC mode is on manual the rest on auto, memory set to 1600 latency is al standard of memory module.

I have interference on the radio when the computer is on. Other computers that i have don't give interference.

Greetings, Anne
    Last edited by Dj-Viper1974; 01-04-2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Extra info

parsec is offline Senior Member

The question of wardog and myself is, what CPU cooler are you using?

This is from the CPU support list for your board, and applies to your FX 8320:

For cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design.

The reason for that is to cool the CPU voltage regulator chips that are around the CPU socket. Your board does not have a heat sink on those voltage regulator chips, which is not good for a high power usage processor like a FX 8320.

Does your power supply have a four pin or eight pin CPU power cable?

Also, with the video card you have, a 600 or 650 Watt power supply does not have much if any extra power in reserve. That may cause problems, a lack of power.

Some boards create more interference than others, and so do the components in the PC, like video cards and the power supply.

Hi,

Cooler uses is the stock top down blowing, first i installed a side cooler from coolermaster but was not happy with the temps and size.

Power supply has a 2 x 4 pin cpu power cable, both connected to the board.

Calculated power usage is about 500 max.. so 600 or 650 is enough i would say. Also in idle state only standing in bios the power usage is only 185 watts measured.

Last night i did a cmos clearance, setup bios again cool n quiet off, put the dvd en writer on sata 5 and 6 because the were also ahci what is not needed for dvd drives, put out something wit power extra something because that is not needed for ssd.

Everything done so far no go. Freezes under install of windows or in bios.

Update maybe i thought was the secure boot feature but that one was already off, i noticed when trying to install again, that the nortbridge processor was getting hot, 50 degrees.

Greetings, Anne

Last edited by Dj-Viper1974; 01-06-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Thread Information