Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 990FX Extreme 3/Win 7 SP1 - I need an Internal USB 3.0 PCI Card that Works Right

Default 990FX Extreme 3/Win 7 SP1 - I need an Internal USB 3.0 PCI Card that Works Right

I bought a new case, and to use the front USB 3.0 connectors I need to add an adapter card to the board. Why Asrock chose to not put one on my board is beyond me.

I've been looking at reviews for Orico cards and they are spotty at best - 1 egg to 5 eggs, depending on hardware, probably. Some even have hard freezes when going into sleep mode, etc., drivers not working, card disconnecting in device mgr.

Does anyone have personal experience with a card that will work without problems? ... (and won't break the bank)

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: 990FX Extreme 3/Win 7 SP1 - I need an Internal USB 3.0 PCI Card that Works Right

Newegg.com - HooToo HT-PC002 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 2-Port PCI-E Add-On Expansion Card with Internal USB 3.0 19-Pin Motherboard Male Header & 5V 4-Pin Molex Power Connector (VIA VL800 Chipset, Solid Capacitors)

No experience with it personally, but it is a powered model(4pin molex) and does have great reviews. Currently a Promo with $9.00 off it's regular $22.99 price, that makes it $13.99. That price and the reviews makes it worth trying at least.

Whatever you end up with make sure it's a powered model and not one that relies on the PCIe bus for it's power.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: 990FX Extreme 3/Win 7 SP1 - I need an Internal USB 3.0 PCI Card that Works Right

Psssst! Do you have a promo code? :)

I see it at $ 22.99...

But I guess I'll do it anyway. Reviews look great. That's what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help!

NOTE: I notice pin #20 is clipped off so as to make a wrong plug insert less likely - a possibly board fatal mistake! That's a good thing for someone like me!
    Last edited by chuckiechan; 01-02-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Psssst! Do you have a promo code? :)

I see it at $ 22.99...
    Ummm .......... If you were to move closer to your monitor, you'll notice the red highlighted Promo Code below displayed on the product page. Although I do understand as on the NewEgg page it's instead highlighted in green. :-P

Checked Promo is active at time of posting this:
    Code:
    HooToo HT-PC002 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 2-Port
    PCI-E Add-On Expansion Card with Internal USB 3.0
    19-Pin Motherboard Male Header & 5V 4-Pin Molex
    Power Connector (VIA VL800 Chipset, Solid Capacitors)

+ $9 off w/ promo code EMCWVVN57, limited offer

5 out of 5 eggs (52)   |   Write a Review

In stock. Limit 5 per customer.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

If you ordered it without seeing/applying that Promo Code with your ordering it you better hurry and call NewEgg's customer service so they can do something to correct your oversight.

How are things getting along with that card?

It's been an adventure.

My original board was an Asrock Extreme 3, which I RMA'd, and got an Asrock Falality. I assembeled the system yesterday with an Antec Sonata case I picked up on clearance.

Fine so far. The case I bought has a header for plugging into the board for the front USB 3.0 plugs. Things are not working right here. The left one worked, the right one freezes my board, and generally is considered inoperative. So it's unplugged, ATM.

Hopefully, this weekend I'll install the PCIE USB 3.0 board and hook the header up to that. If the header is bad, I'm not sure what to do other than exchange the case.

What could possibly go wrong with a part named "Hoo Too"... Crikey.

EDIT - I istalled the Hoo Too and it works fine. I'm using that instead of the 3.0 plug on the board which is not working right. So Hoo Ra to Hoo Too!
    Last edited by chuckiechan; 01-19-2014 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Hoo Ra to Hoo Too!

Thread Information