Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Misconfigured UEFI and failed to POST

sgt_hatred is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Misconfigured UEFI and failed to POST

New ram arrives on wednesday. I.started snooping around and seems that a lot of people are having problems with the crucial.ballistix sport with 3 beeps on every variety.of.mobos.. some fixed their problems tossing in gskill ripjaws and even patriot ram. I pray for the best.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Best of luck with that memory.

alas.. the new memory has arrived. i installed it.. same 3 beeps.. tried every combination of ram.. on both slots and still nothing. i'm removing the guts from the case.. will try starting it up on a piece or cardboard.. in case of a grounding issue. if that doesn't work, i'll take apart the heatsink and inspect the cpu pins on the mobo. if they are all good i think it's safe to say something wrong with the bios/mobo. never had a mobo fail like this.. i've flashed every bios on day one.. but then again.. this is my first asrock board. maybe they can send me a bios chip or something.. i will have to see.. will keep ya posted on progress.. thanks.

Sorry to hear that, so frustrating!

You may have a malfunctioning board. I hope it's not damaged socket pins, that can be a pain to return, RMA, etc. Otherwise possibly a problem with the RAM slots.

I've used three ASRock boards, two Z77 and one a Z87 EX 6. All have been working fine for me. While no board is 100% perfect, as in BIOS quirks, utility problems, etc, I've never had memory issues. I consider myself lucky in that aspect. My only point is I have not found ASR boards to be poorly built or problematic. That of course does not mean that you cannot get a bad board.

I briefly used some G.Skill memory in the Z77 boards, worked fine. Since then I've been in Samsung Green land, sorry to keep mentioning that. I recall the store I bought my ASR boards at, Microcenter, paired Ballistic Sport memory with ASR Z77 boards. Not sure what model, besides a 1600 model. Never used it myself.

Its funny you should mention that. I set up my mobo and.psu bare.bones on the box for.my case. No change. I proceeded to disassemble and put my parts in their boxes. I cleaned off my heatsink and cpu and.boxed them. When I went to put that blank back over the socket thats when I noticed what appear to be some.bent pins.. not horribly but.probably.enough. I should have made a better inspection prior to.installation but.merely.glanced at it.. tossed on nitrile.gloves removed the black cap and.installed the cpu in one motion. I dont like leaving.pins exposed for long. Now im kicking myself.in the ass. Never run into.this before and.ive read about all the rma horror stories. Especially asrock boards with memory errors.that ended up being bent pins. Almost tempted to run out to microcenter, pick up a board with extended warranty and.bring.my cpu and.ram so they can post check it before I walk out. :p. Sigh.. enough of.this for.now.. been too much for.one day.

If you are up for it, and have a decent digital camera, take a HIGH resolution picture of the CPU socket with no CPU, in macro-close up mode. Transfer that picture to a PC, view it with even Window Photo viewer, and zoom in. You will soon see any damaged pins.

Good luck with that board.

Great news, I replaced my BIOS chip and the motherboard is working now! Thank you for the help!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information