Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock B85M Pro4

Default AsRock B85M Pro4

Hi, Recently i decided to update my bios from 1.70a to the latest 1.90, but now when i activate "Multi core enhancement" it doesn't work, the CPU runs at 3.4Ghz instead of 3.6Ghz using all 4 cores (Intel Core I5 4570).
    Is this a bug? Or did intel removed that feature with the latest intel me?

Default Re: AsRock B85M Pro4

Have you tried clearing the BIOS after flashing from beta 1.70a to release 1.90?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Yes, i used the jumpers on the motherboard to do it.

But did you pull the battery also?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Did it now, removed it for 1min, enabled "multi core enhancement" but it's the same.

parsec is offline Senior Member

It's possible that multi core enhancement was removed, but that was not the feature Intel did not like, it was non-Z OC. But MCE might be included in that, I never heard that was but who knows.

I see a new beta BIOS, 1.80c, try that BIOS and see if MCE works.

Where do you see that? It's not on AsRock's website.
    The only 1.80c i see it's for B85 Pro4, mine it's B85M Pro4.
    Last edited by tuga4ever; 01-04-2014 at 02:56 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuga4ever View Post
    Where do you see that? It's not on AsRock's website.
    The only 1.80c i see it's for B85 Pro4, mine it's B85M Pro4.
    Oops, my mistake, sorry.

An IME firmware update could turn off that option. None are listed in the BIOS updates. I also don't see a CPU microcode update that is known to turn off the non-Z OC feature, not the same as MCE. But just because it is not listed does not mean it's not in there.

If 200MHz makes that much of a difference to you, then a "A Business Oriented B85 Motherboard for Growing Your Business" was not a good choice.

They updated Intel ME at 1.80, that version was removed from download section. I have a B85 board because i didn't want to spend a lot more for Z board, K cpu and cooler.
    I also would have lost TSX with K cpu and OC uses a lot more power.
    Last edited by tuga4ever; 01-04-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Thread Information