Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASROCK x79 Extreme 6 UEFI bios GUI looks old

Default ASROCK x79 Extreme 6 UEFI bios GUI looks old

Computer Specs:
    Motherboard: x79 ASROCK Extreme 6 / Bios ver. 2.8
    Processor: i7 4930k 3.4ghz Ivy Bridge
    Ram: 16GB 1600mhz
    HD: x2 2 TB Seagate Barracuda
    SSD: 128 GB Samsung PRO
    Power Supply: Corsair 750w

I just finished building my computer and loaded all of the drivers that shipped with my motherboard. I then proceeded with updating the bios to 2.8. My concern is that the GUI for the UEFI looks outdated and is missing some of the features. For instance, I was trying to configure my 2 2TB HD using the Easy Raid Installer and that feature is not available...

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: ASROCK x79 Extreme 6 UEFI bios GUI looks old

The "Easy Raid Installer" copies the RAID drivers from the Support CD onto a USB thumb drive for use with the initial Windows install. That's all.

ASRock Easy RAID Installer video created by ASRock

HERE is the online pdf titled "RAID Installation Guide" for your X79 Extreme6.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Umm, what BIOS revision did your board come with initially? Was it older than 2.40?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I don't recall what ver of bios was on the board before flashing it. The system run just fine, it's just the bios GUI interface doesn't really look any different then the original bios. Should it have more of a graphical interface or does the Extreme 6 only run the outdated looking GUI?

I just watched the video. My bios looking nothing like what are shown in the video and I don't see the Easy Raid Installer under the Advanced tab.

Motherboard, lower right corner, above the power button there's a white sticker with the BIOS revision that it came installed with from the factory. What's it say printed there?

You're meaning the BIOS screens are blue background, not brownish?

Quote Originally Posted by rman215 View Post
    ...... I don't see the Easy Raid Installer under the Advanced tab.
    I don't see where the X79 EX6 supports the Easy RAID Installer. Please point me to where it is you see it that it shows it is included.

ASROCK x79 Extreme 6 UEFI bios GUI looks old-photo-jpg I just took a picture of it. Is that what you were looking for?

You're right it doesn't list the Easy Raid Installer with the product description. But I would assume that the BIOS and Interface would be about the same across all motherboards. I guess that seems not to be the case. Well that answers that. I guess I'll have to find another way to build my raid 0 array.

I just took a picture of it. Is that what you were looking for?
    Yea it is. BIOS 2.50 originally.

I guess I'll have to find another way to build my raid 0 array.
    Post # 2 I linked the raid setup guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information