Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: C2750D4I BMC, IPMI and Megarac SP etc

Default C2750D4I BMC, IPMI and Megarac SP etc

Hi,

Despite having re-read all the manuals and played around with the config screens, I am still confused by the interactions or dependencies between BMC, IPMI, BIOS setup and the three LAN ports.

The board has 3 LAN ports
    2 x Intel-based Gigabit LAN for Operating system / applications
    1 x Realtek-based LAN for management

Question 1: Configuring the Management LAN port

In the BIOS and the Megarac SP screens, there are only references to eth0 and eth1 and nothing about the management LAN.

I have configured eth1 for DHCP and the address is 10.1.1.231 (the DHCP server is configured to always allocate this IP to the mac address)

What really confuses me, is that when I unplug the cables for eth0 and eth1 but leave the cable for the Management LAN plugged in, the management port has the address 10.1.1.231.

In the operating system (FreeBSD), I configure the IP addresses for eth0 and eth1 to something totally different (different sub-net), yet the management port stays configured to 10.1.1.231.

What am I doing wrong?

Question 2: Megarac SP login credentials

Out of the box, I have been able to log into the Megarac SP interface with the username / pasword combination of admin/admin

Under Maintenance, I noticed there is an option to change the System Administrator password. The username is given as sysadmin, which is read-only.

I changed the password on the screen and now I can not log into Megarac SP anymore. It fails with validation error message.

I have tried the the following combinations:

admin / admin
    admin / new_password
    sysadmin / admin
    sysadmin / new_password

How do I fix this?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Default Re: C2750D4I BMC, IPMI and Megarac SP etc

I support question 1:
    The board seems to use virtual functions in IPMI/BNC on all LAN ports. To any linux is not eth0/1 reported, but p119p1 and p121p1 which is quite confusing and bad for usage with further bridging.
    I disabled the "standard" bonding in IPMI but still have the same port numbering. I want the ethernet ports to be given clean to the system and the management port fixed with static IP.
    How?
    Thanks,
    Daniel

Thread Information