Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: z87 killer stock voltage problem on 4770k

Default z87 killer stock voltage problem on 4770k PHOTOS INCLUDED!!

Hi all. Im using z87 killer mobo with 4770k.
    When I use auto options at bios this mb pushes my chip to 1.34v core. Is this correct? Im using corsair h100 liquid cooling but its too hot.
    Which is the correct voltage and how can I put correct values? Thanks for all.. im very worried. Please help me.
    Last edited by llNano; 01-05-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Default Re: z87 killer stock voltage problem on 4770k

Quote Originally Posted by llNano View Post
    When I use auto options at bios this mb pushes my chip to 1.34v core. Is this correct?
    Auto options as in you're trying to OC using the BIOSes "Advanced Turbo" and or "Load Optimized CPU OC Setting" and or "Multi core enhancement"?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I use auto options all time trying to keep stock freqs/voltages. And no oc profile.
    I use xmp profile at ram.
    Sorry about my english... I dont speak very well :-/
    Where is the bios problem ? How can i put the correct settings on bios to have less voltage at 3900mhz? When micro is under heavy load reaches 97. And 30 when is in idle. Its crazy.

I'm using lastest bios 1.10. I tried to put less voltage at bios but I don't know if I'm doing right (of course not). Because system can't initialize. So I have to clear cmos and restart values.
    I'm getting lost.
    Last edited by llNano; 01-05-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: bios comment

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by llNano View Post
    Hi all. Im using z87 killer mobo with 4770k.
    When I use auto options at bios this mb pushes my chip to 1.34v core. Is this correct? Im using corsair h100 liquid cooling but its too hot.
    Which is the correct voltage and how can I put correct values? Thanks for all.. im very worried. Please help me.
    Welcome to Haswell processor over clocking!

It sounds like you are using the Auto OC feature and are not very familiar with how to set CPU voltages with Haswell CPUs. The H100 is a good cooler, but Haswell CPUs will run very hot unless you have custom water cooling, adjust your CPU voltage carefully, or even de-lid your processor, which I don't recommend to do unless you really know what you are doing.

What CPU speed did you choose for the Auto OC?

Did you run any CPU stress tests with the Auto OC?

The Auto OC and default CPU voltage setting is Adaptive voltage. When the adaptive Offset option is set to Auto, you'll get high voltages as you saw. 1.34V Vcore is pretty high, but it could be worse. Adaptive voltage with Offset set to Auto will give high voltages that are usually more than needed.

You gave us very little information about your BIOS settings, temperatures, CPU speed, etc.

First, disable the Auto OC, reboot into the BIOS, set CPU voltage to Adaptive, and then check if you can select a negative Offset voltage (such as, -0.010V).

We need to know if that is possible in your BIOS, and answers to our other questions before we can continue.

Thanks for helping me. I will do some BIOS photos (in 1 hour) in order to help you determining where is my problem.
    I dont want to OC my cpu... I only want to have it at stock freqs. I want to find an easy and safe way to keep my cpu alive 24h/365d.
    Thanks a lot ... you dont know how is this problem getting me worried. Jejej :'(

Here are the photos!

Idle mode cpuz, 100% load cpuz, bios options....

Im trying to get lower cpu volt...

What Im doing right ? Whats wrong? What do you think I have to put inside that options?

Im sorry about size of that images!!!! :-)

Thanks one more time of helping me!

Help me please :-/

parsec is offline Senior Member

Most of your BIOS settings are fine, and you have the right idea in general. But I can run my i5-4670K at the same speed as your CPU, but with less voltage.

This is what I think your problem is:

Your Vcore Adaptive voltage of 0.950V is to low. It is so low that I think it is being ignored. I bet your PC won't boot if you set Vcore Adaptive voltage to less than 0.950V.

I have my Vcore Adaptive voltage set to 1.200V. I have the Vcore voltage additional offset set to -0.150V.

The maximum Vcore voltage I get is 1.07V.

I also think your CPU Cache Adaptive voltage of 0.800V is to low. I have mine set to 1.200V, with the offset of -0.080V.

I have other options different than yours, I have CPU Ratio set to Per Core, and in my example here I just have it at the stock automatic multipliers.

Just try my voltage settings first and see if you get a difference.

z87 killer stock voltage problem on 4770k-cpuz-1-jpg

Thank you! This z87 killer uses an agressive voltages when I use AUTO options with stock freqs. I cant understand it. For example when I use OC profile 4.0ghz mobo puts less voltage than stock voltage... Its really annoying.
    I hope ASrock will fix it in other BIOS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information