Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A-tuning showing no text

Default Re: A-tuning showing no text

Same Problem here as in the start post:
    No text is showed in any A-Tuning Window.
    Config:
    Z97 Extreme6, 4670K, Use only Intel HD
    A-Tuning default version from CD or V. 2.0.112.3 and other versions. All versions have the same issue.
    Z97E6.xml in Conf folder looks ok.
    OS Version is Windows 7 - x64 in German.
    Perhaps this is an issue with german os language?
    Did anyone find a solution ?

Joe-912 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by schtiewie View Post
    Config:
    A-Tuning default version from CD or V. 2.0.112.3 and other versions. All versions have the same issue.
    Do you have Java installed, could try clearing Java cache...
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Hello
    Thx for reply.
    Java Version 7 Update55 is installed. Cache is deleted. I also updated also IE from 10 to 11. Dotnet 4.51 is also installed. Visual C++ runtime in x32 and x64 is installed in Version 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012.
    But i dont think, that Java is required, because i do a test installation a few weeks ago with a Z87 Extreme4 without Java installed.
    That works without a problem.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by schtiewie View Post
    Config:
    I recently bought a Z97 Extreme 6 board, and I don't have have any problem with A-Tuning. I must say that I do not use the CD that comes with the board to install anything, I only use files downloaded from the board's main page on ASRock's website. I also have a Z87 Extreme 6 board that another person that posted in this thread has the same problem. Again, I have never seen this issue with my Z87 Extreme 6 board, and also have never used the board's CD to install anything.

First in general, you really must run the INF driver ver:10.0.13 installation program (valid for the Z97 EX 6, for the Z87 EX 6, use INF driver ver:9.4.0.1026), before installing anything else. That identifies the chipset and other hardware on the board. The installation CD may do this first, I'm not certain about that.

The Intel IME software should be installed next, but that should not be related to this problem.

BTW, I do not have Java installed.

Here's what I suggest you try. First uninstall A-Tuning by the usual Window uninstall method in the Programs and Features option. When that is complete, restart the PC.

When booted up again, on your OS drive, go to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, and look for a folder named ASRock Utility. If it is there, go into that folder and look for a folder named A-Tuning. If you still have the A-Tuning folder, delete it. You may need to have Admin permission to do so.

If you don't have an ASRock Utility folder, or A-Tuning folder in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, don't worry about it.

At this point you probably should run a program that allows you to clean the Windows Registry, like CCleaner. Just download the free version here:

CCleaner - Download

The registry cleaner is started with a button on the upper left side of the CCleaner screen. If you've never run a registry cleaner program before, you will probably see a big list of "bad" entries. You may just want to delete any entries with "A-Tuning" in it, by right clicking on the entries. If you want to clean up everything, you'll get an option to save the current content of the registry in case something goes wrong. Do that either way, the file is not large and is used to restore the registry to its previous contents.

Once this is all done, restart the PC again. Then download the A-Tuning program from your board's page on ASRock's website to use to install A-Tuning. Don't use the version on the CD. Do not use a version of A-Tuning that is not from your board's download page.

Run that A-Tuning installer and check the result. If it is still broken, let us know.

vuldin is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coredog View Post
    I just got the board, installed all the drivers and utilities from the disk. I even did as you suggested and install INF driver ver: 9.40.1026 also ive tried different versions of A-tuning. Its my only program that doesn't have text like shown in the OP. and yes it is a fresh install on my new samsung 840 evo ssd which is an awesome ssd btw haha. I love the board but i can't use any of the features without that program.
    If this is a new install then I would do a complete reinstall of Windows after a disk format. The next thing I would do is only use software and updates from the ASRock support page for this motherboard:

ASRock > Z87 Pro3

The software and other updates on the CD can be outdated in comparison to the support download page and I never use the CD unless the network driver needs an update in order to connected to the Internet (to get to the support page). I would be extremely surprised if you have issues after taking both these steps.

Hello
    Thx for your tips.
    Always if i bought a new mainboard, i only use the newest driver from the vendor download site. For the intel components i use the newest downloads from the intel download page.
    I downloaded a few days ago the newest version from A-Tuning. But after that version did not work , i install the A-Tuning version from the cd.
    But both versions are the same. In the meanwhile there was an update version at the asrock page, download and installed it- but with no luck.
    I always also uninstall the A-Tuning software an the from A-Tuning automaticly installed X-Fastram Application befor i install an other version. I also clean up the registry manually. There are some issues with the uninstall routine, because after uninstall my system have missed legacy drivers in the eventlog like "ArdDrv". So i uninstall the software, reboot, clean up the Program folders, also check the ProgramData folder and the %Appdata% folder for old asrock files and folders.
    Reboot again and install the A-Tuning util. I did generally not use Tools like CC-Cleaner or Tunup Utillities, because, i belief they harm the system more as they help.

vuldin is offline Junior Member

I just received my Z97 Extreme6 board yesterday afternoon and went through all configuration, including installing A-Tuning. I used the version from the website (never even inserted the ASRock CD-rom into the computer). The application works great (as well as the motherboard). I did not need Java installed for this (although I have since installed a few additional apps, Java being one of them). Hopefully you are able to nail down what is causing your issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information