Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fatal1ty H87 Performance PCI-E 3.0 Problem

Default Re: Fatal1ty H87 Performance PCI-E 3.0 Problem

Dear Dave1292,

Because we only have Gigabyte R9 290x VGA card, I tested it on H87 Performance with BIOS P1.60.
    The VGA card can work at Gen3 normally.

Please follow these suggestions to try again.
    1. Load BIOS default settings and then set "PCIE Link Speed" at [Gen3] to try again.
    2. Re-install CPU and check if CPU socket is fine.
    3. If possible, please change another CPU or PCI-e 3.0 VGA card to verify it.

Thank you!
    Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

my2cents is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    my2cents, posting the benchmarks is a good idea.

I wish they had included the CPU used, and the PCI-E buss speed available. We know the 8 series Intel boards have PCI-E 3.0 from the Haswell CPU, but the 7 series Intel boards can use both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors, the former provides PCI-E 2.0 only.

It's also a bit strange that the OP's board works with a R9 280X, but not his R9 270X. OTOH, there isn't any benchmark data for the OP's board and the R9 270X, I assume none existed? Is the R9 270X a very new card?

There's other strange (IMO) results in that data, but to mention it is off topic (a B85M board has higher scores than all those other boards??)

Hi parsec,

I wish they had included the CPU used, and the PCI-E buss speed available.
    I could have included the CPU; however, I purposely did not so the OP could focus on his 3d benchmarks at Gen2 (as compared with what others are getting in the benchmark universe).

There's other strange (IMO) results in that data, but to mention it is off topic (a B85M board has higher scores than all those other boards??)
    I don't see how you can refer to my benchmarking results as off-topic. I was trying to help the OP get the "big picture" on his current Gen2 3D performance. I guess no good deed goes unpunished so I will refrain from posting any additional information to avoid incurring another off topic comment.

dave1292 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
    Sorry that didn't work for you; however, just in case you decide to return it, I have searched the Passmark benchmarking database for 3D benchmarking scores (just in case you decide to try something different). IMHO, there are better values out there (given the problems you are having). So, maybe someone else will chime in with comments regarding the benchmarks I provided.

Good luck with your decision,

my2cents

Attachment 6485
    many many thanks for your research i found that my videocard score is 4013! on passamark site is 4444 so as i am losing a bit of performance.. at this point i don't know if replace with another h87 performance or go with gigabyte or msi (brand of my gpu). what do you advice? :)

my2cents is offline Junior Member

Hi dave1292,

The 4444 is an average benchmark based on test results for 311 different hardware combinations. Unfortunately, none of them included your specific CPU, mobo, and graphics card so its kind of hard to compare apples-to-apples. To be more specific, you are ranked at 89 out of the 311 hardware combinations tested. You can review those rankings yourself by using the advanced search function and search for your specific GPU. However, I doubt you will see much improvement with Gen3 in either the rankings and/or real-world usage because (as previously stated) you will only be looking at a 1% performance increase. FYI, there is a VGA BIOS update available for the MSI R9 270X but it is only intended to fix a 2d flickering issue that some have experienced. Moreover, MSI has only released it to their Korean audience for some reason; therefore, there is no way to tell if it would help with your issue. Anyway, here are the best benchmarks, using your CPU and a myriad of other hardware combos (sorted by 3d benchmarks). Good luck with any decision you make regarding your issue:

Fatal1ty H87 Performance PCI-E 3.0 Problem-best3d-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information