Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock FM2A88X EXTREME6+ Driver loading sequence question.

Default AsRock FM2A88X EXTREME6+ Driver loading sequence question.

• System Specs:
    • AsRock FM2A88X EXTREME6+ motherboard.
    • AMD A10 6800K Richland Processor.
    • G.Skill F3-2133C9D-8GXL DRR3-2133 2x4gig memory
    • Cooler Master RS 500-PICAR power supply.

I try never to use the Driver Disc that comes with the motherboard...Downloaded the AMD All in 1 driver, Audio Driver, Atheros Lan driver, AppCharger, SATA Floppy Image, AMD Bolton RAID Driver, ASMedia USB 3.0 and VGA driver from the AsRock support website.

Not much on utilites...So I did not download the ASRock 3T Unlocker Utility, ASRock A-Tuning, CyberLink Media Espresso, Sunlogin, ASRock XFast Lan or ASRock XFast USB utilities.

Played around with all that business on my first AsRock Intel board and really had no use for any of it. Not overclocking, light gaming, no RAID, so the fast lan, USB utility, tuner and unlocker unless they are absolutely necessary will not be loaded. If possible.

Just going to use the APU graphics for now and have had problems loading a bunch of stuff that is not used in the past on Intel systems ACHI and all that business. They want this and then they want that and on and on.

Just want to know if there is a preferred order to load the drivers. As a rule of thumb I flash the bios, load the chipset drivers, lan, usb and video drivers before checking device manager for unrecognized devices and go from there.

Is there a preferred order and are there any of the utilities that I absolutely must load like SATA floppy image?

Thanks for any advice on successfully loading the drivers without all the unnecessary utilities.

Thanks again !!!!
    Last edited by Hookem; 01-10-2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: tyop

Default Re: AsRock FM2A88X EXTREME6+ Driver loading sequence question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
    As a rule of thumb I flash the bios, load the chipset drivers, lan, usb and video drivers before checking device manager for unrecognized devices and go from there.
    Chipset first, always. Then IMO any order after that. But I always install the chipset drivers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
    Is there a preferred order and are there any of the utilities that I absolutely must load like SATA floppy image?
    The SATA floppy are actually the F6 RAID driver. Of the utilities available you might maybe install A-Tuning for referencing temps and voltages. The XFast utilities I stay away from like the plague.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Yes, chipset (on Intel systems, INF files) first, after that it's not critical. I prefer to do the SATA driver, network chip driver, and video driver. Intel has its "management engine" software, which is important for their newer platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Of the utilities available you might maybe install A-Tuning for referencing temps and voltages.
    And also fan RPM. I say that because the Nuvoton chips this board uses isn't supported yet in most(all?) 3rd party apps.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    And also fan RPM. I say that because the Nuvoton chips this board uses isn't supported yet in most(all?) 3rd party apps.
    Really, what Nuvoton chip is that, just curious, must be a new one.

HWiNFO usually works with everything, and the programmer is great about adding support for boards and sensor chips. The latest full version enhanced the support for the Nuvoton NCT6106D, if that happens to be the one.

I should have said fan control not fan rpm. My bad.

HWiNFO does support the NCT6779D for monitoring since v3.92. Fan Control is via a separate NCT3941S.

Thread Information