Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 3TB+ Unlocker - Documentation

Default 3TB+ Unlocker - Documentation

Hi. I can't seem to find any explanation on how to use the software. No readme or anything useful on Google.

Would very much appreciate your help. I have a 4TB drive gathering dust.

ASRock X58 Extreme3, Intel i7, Windows 7 64-bit

Thank you

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: 3TB+ Unlocker - Documentation

I can't find any documentation for the 3TB+ Unlocker software either. A FAQ ASRock has suggests using "Windows 7 SP1" as a fix, see question 3 in this document:

http://www.asrock.com/support/QA/TSDQA-97.pdf

Why that is a fix, I don't know.

The usual manual fix for large HDDs like yours is to format it as GPT, not MBR which does not have enough address space to handle all the LBAs on such a large disk.

If the disk is completely un-formatted, then you should be able to format it as GPT in Windows Disk Management.

Thank you.

At this point the HDD doesn't show up in either Windows or BIOS...

Was hoping the 3TB+ Unlocker would get me closer, but not even sure how to install those drivers. There doesn't seem to be an executable.
    I have some learning to do about BIOS tweaking.

Will post here is something works~

Although the below link is centered on Gigabytes 3TB+ Unlocker, it's the most through explanation of why the utility exists for non-EFI BIOSes.

Gigabyte "Unlocks" 3TB+ Hard Drives on 32-Bit Systems - X-bit labs

Somewhere I remember seeing a table that showed where this was needed or not, ie boot drive vs storage drive. I'll find it and post here.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

#1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thank you, wardog!

Will take a look~
    ASRock X58 Extreme3, Intel i7, Windows 7 64-bit

Thread Information