Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fm2a88x extreme6+ bois

bert7 is offline Junior Member

Default Fm2a88x extreme6+ bois

When i first boot this motherboard with a Kaveri 7850k, will i need to update the bios or will it boot first time. M/B version, G/A 1.02. its not been used and i am waiting for the 7850k to arrive. i have downloaded the latest bios to a usb flash drive. The hard drive will be new SSD and Windows 8.1 will need installing.

Default Re: Fm2a88x extreme6+ bois

#1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

On the motherboard, lower right between the bank of six SATA ports and the one SATA port, is located the BIOS chips. The white sticker that is attached, what is written on them?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

bert7 is offline Junior Member

Bois 1.30-15B, so i need bois 2.40 for a Kaveri 7850k to work on my board, how do i go about that without any other processor ie Richland to hand. i do have bois 2.40 on usb flash drive ?, do i get into the bois on first boot and turn on usb then, connect usb and go back to page for updating bois via flash drive.
    Last edited by bert7; 01-14-2014 at 01:46 AM.

You'll need an inexpensive CPU that is supported by the 1.30 BIOS, which is pretty much all of them excepting the two that req 1.80 as is currently shown on the list.

Computer shops have been known to put a cpu on and up flash the board. A friend might have a cpu sitting around.

You can also contact ASRock themselves HERE and see if they might supply you a BIOS chip already flashed to 2.00 or above.

wiyosaya is offline Junior Member

I thought you might like to know that according to AS Rock tech support, your board should boot with the A10-7850K, and you can then update the bios to the latest release.

Please see this thread.

Thread Information