Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Killer and Mouse Port Issue

Default ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Killer and Mouse Port Issue

Just wanted to give a heads up on this issue I noticed with this new 990FX Fatal1ty Killer mobo I just got.

When using the Mouse Fatal1ty Mouse Port I noticed that it causes my mouse to have issues when using the Scroll Wheel. Basically if I use the Scroll the mouse becomes nonfunctional until I either change the DPI Settings or unplug/replug it in. It basically freezes the mouse.

I noticed that this started happening after I installed the F-Stream Software and opened it. I think the part of that software that deals with the Fatal1ty Mouse Port is causing it. Like it is Conflicting with the actual Mouse's Software or something along those lines.
    The ASRock site does list that this mouse port has limitations. The limitations it list are below. I am guessing that is why my mouse had issues when the software was installed and opened up.
    1. Some USB mice may not support 1000 Hz mouse polling rate.
    2. The Fatal1ty mouse port does not support USB 2.0 mouse.
    3. The Fatal1ty mouse port may not support some wireless USB mice.
    4. The Fatal1ty mouse port does not support the USB mouse which is connected to the USB hub.

My workaround for this is to just not use the mouse in that Port. I plugged my mouse in the USB 3.0 slot that I had open and it works fine now.

By the way my mouse is a Perixx MX-2000 if anyone is curious which is a USB 2.0 mouse.
    If anyone is also wondering why I plugged my mouse in a USB 3.0 slot, it was the only open slot I had at the time. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible after all so it does not matter. :)

Anyways just a heads up for anyone out there that has or is getting this mobo. I just wanted to mention this so that people would know about it. :)

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Killer and Mouse Port Issue

With this mouse in the Fatal1ty port have you tried lowering the Polling Rate in F-Stream?

And yes, I do see that your MX-2000 supports 1000Hz polling, but ...........
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Would be useful if ASRock listed compatible mice. The spec is confusing, it says the fatal1ty mouse port is usb 2.O but elsewhere that it it is not for a usb 2.O mouse.

The reason for buying this sort of mobo is to make best use of things like gaming mice, the whole gaming area is confusing enough without this sort of hassle.

I'm still deciding on which mobo to buy, the fatal1ty price and would allow me to buy extra RAM or an SSD, but if a basic component like a mouse is going to give trouble then I'll maybe give it a miss.

Any thoughts on a stable gaming mobo?

Albabe

On the Specs page the Fatal1ty Mouse Port is listed specifically as being USB 2.0:

Code:
    Rear Panel I/O
    - 1 x Fatal1ty Mouse Port (USB 2.0)
    Without flaming, regardless if ASRock or any other board manufacturer listed compatible mice there would be those that felt the list was short in not listing their favorite one. Never mind new mice come out at so fast a rate that the list would become outdated sooner rather than later. Mice and keyboards get replaced by gamers at an alarming rate anyways always looking for that one advantage over others.

Besides, isn't that the fun half of building our own vs buying one already built? j/k
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Dear Wardog - Compatibility issues have been with us for a long time, it is standard for board manufacturers to list compatible CPU and memory. If suppliers want to sell then they test and submit results to get on lists.

I am buying the system for somebody else to build - so in there are support issues to consider.

Gaming mice are not trivial costs and if they don't work they are a real pain, bad enough when a bog standard one gives problems.

l think that badly documented components are symptomatic of other issues and on further consideration I have excluded the ASRock from my list possible options.

Albabe

Probably a smart move move on your part knowing you're the support person to get the support calls.

Good luck

Thread Information