Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bluescreen with Asrock Vision 3D Series

Default Bluescreen with Asrock Vision 3D Series

I have problems using Windows 8 Pro with following product Asrock VisionX Series, Vision 3D Series - ASRock Inc..
    It crash all the time and following blue screen appears system_service_exception igdkmd64.sys

Can someone help me with this problem?
    Last edited by ekke76; 01-20-2014 at 06:08 PM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default re: Bluescreen with Asrock Vision 3D Series

You've given us next to nothing for information about your problem. What are you doing when the problem happens?

igdkmd64.sys is the Intel graphics driver, and seems to be the cause of the failure.

Assuming you have a VisionX series PC, which all have AMD HD7850M Graphics, as well as the Intel IGP, that is interesting.

I a´m able to login to the Computer but after an certain time the bluescreen appears. I have also check for dump files but I haven´t found any.
    The mainboard model is Asrock HM65-MXM (Sandy Bridge)
    Last edited by ekke76; 01-19-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Try using a hardware monitoring program like the ASRock AXTU program supplied with your board, or another like HWiNFO, free here:

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

Watch your system temperatures. What connection on the PC are you using for your monitor?

Did you install the driver for the AMD graphics, the ATI Display Driver ver:12.8 on your PC's download page:

VisionX Series - ASRock Inc.

I wrote the wrong computer model, the correct model is Vision 3D Series (Sandy Brigde). I have tried both the DVI and HDMI but same blue screen appears.

It seems that under Device Manager there are two display adapters, Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. Why are there two diffrerents display adapters? Can I disable Intel(R) HD Graphics Family adapter without loosing any performance? It seems to me that Intel(R) HD Graphics Family adapter aren't compatible with Windows 8.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: Bluescreen with Asrock Vision 3D Series

@ekke76

I've corrected the model name in the thread title.
    Edit your original post to include the correct Vision 3D model name and change the ASRock link from the VisionX webpage to the Vision 3D webpage.

Forum moderator
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by ekke76 View Post
    I wrote the wrong computer model, the correct model is Vision 3D Series (Sandy Brigde). I have tried both the DVI and HDMI but same blue screen appears.

It seems that under Device Manager there are two display adapters, Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. Why are there two diffrerents display adapters? Can I disable Intel(R) HD Graphics Family adapter without loosing any performance? It seems to me that Intel(R) HD Graphics Family adapter aren't compatible with Windows 8.
    We are finally getting some real information from you now, although still not enough so we must still ask questions, sorry to say.

Are one of these models your PC: Vision 3D Series (Sandy Bridge) - ASRock Inc.

There are three different Vision 3D models with three different processors, which one is your? I had to check each of the three processors to see which Intel graphics they have, they all have the HD Graphics 3000.

All of the Intel HD Graphics adapters from the 2000 and 3000, to the 5200 are compatible with Windows 8. Intel has the Windows 8 graphics driver downloads on their website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...01&FamilyId=39

Did you install Windows 8 on that PC? You mentioned Windows 8, is that what you are using?

Your PC's download page does not have any Windows 8 software or drivers. What Windows 8 software or drivers are you using?

The Vision 3D PCs have two display adapters because the PC is meant to use the Lucid Virtu software that switches between the Intel and NVIDIA graphics adapters depending upon the load, gaming or watch a video for example. Do you have the Lucid Virtu Software installed?

This warning is on the Vision 3D information page: Lucid Virtu only supports Windows® 7 / Windows® 7 64bit.

The exact model version is ◦Vision 3D 252B. Under Windows 7 it worked fine. For moment I a'm using Windows 8 Pro. The Windows 8 drivers were all installed automatically, even Intel Graphic adapter when I installed Windows 8. I didn't had a chance to install Lucid Virtu Software or any third party software before the computer started crashing all the time.
    Last edited by ekke76; 01-21-2014 at 03:14 AM.

I am having the same problem on the same machine exactly. The only difference is that I have replaced the original 750GB hard disk with an ADATA SSD.

I tried migrating from Win7 Pro to Win 8.1 before Christmas, but after trying for a week I gave up...

I switched back to Win7. I even sent an email to Asrock requesting assistance, but I didn't hear back from them....

With a couple of toddlers in the house, asking for Baby Einstein kids' videos all the time, it is not an easy task to work on this problem.

I read a suggestion to disable QuickSync in the Asrock's BIOS in another forum, but I have not tried it yet.

Will follow up on the thread, I hope somebody with more knowledge, fantasy and time finds an answer!!

Quote Originally Posted by ekke76 View Post
    The exact model version is ◦Vision 3D 252B. Under Windows 7 it worked fine. For moment I a'm using Windows 8 Pro. The Windows 8 drivers were all installed automatically, even Intel Graphic adapter when I installed Windows 8. I didn't had a chance to install Lucid Virtu Software or any third party software before the computer started crashing all the time.
    As I said in my last post, Lucid Virtu only supports Windows® 7 / Windows® 7 64bit. You cannot get a version of Lucid Virtu for Windows 8. That is why your PC does not have Windows 8 support. Try Googling on "lucid virtu windows 8" and see what you get.

Your PC is crashing because you installed Windows 8, and do not have the Lucid software installed. But you can't install it since a Windows 8 version since it is not provided on your board's download page, or is available anywhere.

If you use Windows 8 on your PC, you are on your own, ASRock does not list any Windows 8 drivers and software, since the PC is designed to work with Lucid Virtu.

Which video output are you using, DVI or HDMI? Do you have any idea which video output is for the Nvidia graphics, and which is for the Intel graphics? That is, if they are even separate, given the Lucid software.

You need to check the BIOS and see if you can select one video source or another. If you can select the Nvidia graphics only, do that and see what happens.

Sorry to say, but if you want to install a version of Windows that the PC's manufacture does not support due to its design (use of Lucid Virtu), then it is up to you understand the design and limitations of the PC.

My advice is to go back to Windows 7.

Thread Information