Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z87 Fatal1ty Pro Dual Lan with same mac address?

guidugli is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Z87 Fatal1ty Pro Dual Lan with same mac address?

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    I'm outta my league with anything but Windows.

But take a look at the posts made under this topic, [CentOS] Ethernet puzzle. Quite a bit is discussed in helping the OP there.
    Interestingly, it works with CentOS but the current version (6.5) is not working well with Haswell integrated video. Fedora works differently. It uses the MAC Address to bind interfaces to connection information. Found an entry on Fedora's forum, but no answer: Accidentally MAC address duplicated, "eth0-eth1" interface problem? - FedoraForum.org

The only answer that I get from the Fedora's forum entry is that I have a messed up BIOS/EPROM. I wonder if someone knows some utility or some Asrock contact to flash a different mac address on bios. I've spent hours trying to make Fedora work. Even if I can make it work, I'm not sure that I woundn't have the same problem with a new OS that relies on mac address to assing ip/network policies.
    Asrock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional, i7 4770, G Skill Ares 32GB, ATI Radeon R9 290, WD Velociraptor 300GB, WD Black 500GB, 2 WD Green 2TB, 1 WD Green 1 TB, Antec Signature 850W, CoolerMaster CM 690 II Case, Fedora Linux / Windows (virtual machine with GPU pass-through)

Well, no luck with Fedora: Features/NetworkManagerNameBasedConfiguration - FedoraProject

It uses only the mac address to bind policies to nics. No options available at this time
    Asrock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional, i7 4770, G Skill Ares 32GB, ATI Radeon R9 290, WD Velociraptor 300GB, WD Black 500GB, 2 WD Green 2TB, 1 WD Green 1 TB, Antec Signature 850W, CoolerMaster CM 690 II Case, Fedora Linux / Windows (virtual machine with GPU pass-through)

Use one of the below contacts and inquire of a MAC address utility for this MB. The MAC addresses should be noted on a sticker(s) on the MB with which to use with the utility.

Support Website: ASRock Support Request Form

Or PM TweakTown's ASRock Rep, ASRock TSD - Emily
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks for the contacts. Will post any news here.

The local dealer found this tool on Asrock site: ASRock > Support > K7VT4A+ & K7VM3 Mac Tool Download

Into the archive I saw that it have folder for distinct nics, including Intel. But this morning something bad happened: when I turn on my computer, it froze when loading linux. I then tried with the Live CD, also froze. Tried to load default configuration in bios, then the motherboard would not boot anymore. It kept showning error 62 (Chipset Error). Clearing CMOS with the back button did not work. Changing to BiOS B did not work either. I was only able to make it work clearing the CMOS with the jumper and removing the Radeon 4870 (it was the only thing besides HD pliugged on the system). After some tests I found out that my 4870 is dead. Don't know if the mobo did it or it was just a coincidence since it was already old, but I will try to request the RMA of the mobo.
    Last edited by guidugli; 01-22-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Bummer.

Then again, hopefully you won't have this headache with the new one. Still, that sux.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

After that sad moment of loosing my 4870, I realized that sometimes it was giving me some unexpected behaviour, so I think it was a death by natural causes. I think that the other time I had to clear cmos was because of the video card too.

Emily sent to me the tool to change the mac address and it worked like a charm! To avoid sending back the mobo to only loose time and money, I will continue to give it a try.

I'd like to thank Wardog, Parsec and Emily for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by guidugli View Post
    Emily sent to me the tool to change the mac address and it worked like a charm!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information