Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No gigabit on Asrock Z77 extreme 6 Broadcom BCM 57781

Default No gigabit on Asrock Z77 extreme 6 Broadcom BCM 57781

Hello all

Somehow i can't get gigabit lan (wired) to work on my Asrock Z77 extreme 6 motherboard (2.80 bios).
    Working with windows 7 64 bit, and the latest drivers loaded from Broadcom site.
    I only get 100 Mbit (amber colored light), and i can't manualy set the speed to 1 Gbit in network card settings.
    Only 10 and 100 Mbps full and half duplex and auto negotiation.

Any ideas ????

Stefan

Default Re: No gigabit on Asrock Z77 extreme 6 Broadcom BCM 57781

Is this a new build, or one that previously has been running fine at gigabit speed?

Things to check: replace the ethernet cable and retry, the proper file to download for this board/Win7x64 is "win_k57_x64-15.6.0.10.zip".

What make/model is the connected router/switch/modem that is at the other end of the ethernet cable coming from the computer?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I've tried several cables, but that didn't help.
    I use the latest driver from the broadcom site (15.6.0.10).
    When i connect my computer directly to my other computer, i can not manualy set the speed to 1 Gbit.
    Also auto negotiation doesn't give me Gigabit lan.
    On my other computer, i can choose 10 or 100 Mbps full or half duplex, 1 Gbps full duplex or auto negotiation in the setting of the network card (Realtek 8111DL).
    On the Broadcom 57781, i can only choose 10 or 100 Mbps full or half duplex or auto negotiation, so NO 1 Gbps option.
    Amber colored led is blinking.
    So no switch or router, but one on one, the Realtek let's me choose 1 Gbps manualy, but the Broadcom doesn't give me that option.
    I have this computer for about 1 year now, and never needed 1 Gbps, so i never noticed it before.

Stefan

So no modem then? No switch and or router either? How do you connect to the internet w/o one of those?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Oh, and BTW, my Z77 Extreme6's 57781 DOES NOT present a choice of 1Gb so like you I too only have 10 or 100 Mbps full or half duplex or auto negotiation to choose from.

Mine is set to Auto and that is what it should be set to. There is no reason to change it excepting some rather weird hardware situations.

That it is connecting Amber 100M may well be a result of what it's plugged into at the other end only being 100M capable, and not 1GB. That's why I asked the model/make of whatever it is you connect to the internet with.

I connect directly to my other computer's network card (homegroup).
    So from one pc to the other.
    The other network card is a 1 Gbit card, manualy set to 1 Gbps.
    Do you connect it to a 1 Gbps switch or router, and do you get Gigabit lan ?

Stefan
    Last edited by StefanZ; 01-20-2014 at 10:27 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

I have both a one Gbps router and switch, with a one Gbps connection into the switch, and I get a one Gbps signal into that PC:

No gigabit on Asrock Z77 extreme 6  Broadcom BCM 57781-network-1-jpg

But my board has an Intel NIC. What OS are you using on the ASRock board?

The Realtek 8111DL "network card" you mentioned is really a networking chip, not a network card as far as I can see. How do you "I connect directly to my other computer's network card (homegroup)."? If it really is a network card, "Realtek 8111DL" is not the model or make of the card.
    Last edited by parsec; 01-20-2014 at 11:50 AM.

@parsec The 8111DL is, best I can tell, in the other computer he's connecting to. I'm assuming he's using ICS(?).

@ Stefan

All my computers connect to a gigabit switch, from there to the router, and finally to the cable modem.

Are you using Windows ICS(Internet Connection Sharing)? Or perhaps some 3rd party app that accomplishes the same thing?

I'd like to see you set both nic's to Auto Negotiate, power both PC's down, then first power up the PC with the 8111DL to all loaded up/running state and then power up the Z77 board. Please reply back what the connecting rate is after performing these steps.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    @parsec The 8111DL is, best I can tell, in the other computer he's connecting to. I'm assuming he's using ICS(?).

@ Stefan

All my computers connect to a gigabit switch, from there to the router, and finally to the cable modem.

Are you using Windows ICS(Internet Connection Sharing)? Or perhaps some 3rd party app that accomplishes the same thing?

I'd like to see you set both nic's to Auto Negotiate, power both PC's down, then first power up the PC with the 8111DL to all loaded up/running state and then power up the Z77 board. Please reply back what the connecting rate is after performing these steps.
    That makes sense, and is simple of course, but were we supposed to assume or know that?

Might also be a language barrier thing, no offense, just a guess.

You don't need ICS to connect two computers in a homegroup.
    Just 2 network cards (or NIC's), and a utp cable.
    I assume, that when you connect a Gigabit nic to another Gigabit nic (BCM 57781 to Realtec 8111DL), you get a Gigabit file transfer.
    I only get a 100 Mbps file transfer (11.5 MB/s).
    The Realtec 8111DL settings, gives me a 1 Gbps option, but the BCM 57781 does not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information