Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASROCK 990FX Extreme 9 + AMD 9590 crashes after a while

Default ASROCK 990FX Extreme 9 + AMD 9590 crashes after a while

Hey guys,

my Rig.

Mainboard: ASROCK 990FX Extreme 9
    CPU: AMD 9590
    Ram: Corsair xms3 2x2GB
    Kingston KVR 2x2GB
    Graphic: Powercolor HD 7870
    PSU: COBA 650 Watt
    HDD. Samsung HD103UJ 1TB

The Problem is my System crashes after while in Win7. Mostely after 1-2 Hours. Sometimes into Black and sometimes into White Screen i even had a striped screen sometimes. I did Memtest and i passed without problems. played bf4 for a while worked fine also. But i am always havin these chrashes after a while. excuse my bad english i'am not nativ speaking. Maybe someone can help me. tell me if you need more information. thanx Poetron

ChromeD2 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASROCK 990FX Extreme 9 + AMD 9590 crashes after a while

Firstly, The 990FX Extreme4 theoretically only supports CPU's to 140w TDP. The FX-9590 is a 220w TDP processor. (Also see the official CPU Support List)
    This might give you issues by itself since both the motherboard's hardware and it's BIOS likely aren't going to fully support that processor. This may be the primary source of your instability.

Personally, I'd sell (if not a recent purchase) or just return the 990FX Extreme4 and go with a Extreme9 or similar, as it fully supports 220w TDP processors and has the 9590 on the it's list, so it likely was tested and proven to work well with it.

I would suggest for you to contact ASRock directly via their website, my experience with their support in the past has been the best one could hope for.
    Last edited by ChromeD2; 01-23-2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: mistype

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeD2 View Post
    Firstly, The 990FX Extreme4 theoretically only supports CPU's to 140w TDP. The FX-9590 is a 220w TDP processor. (Also see the official CPU Support List)
    This might give you issues by itself since both the motherboard's hardware and it's BIOS likely aren't going to fully support that processor. This may be the primary source of your instability.

Personally, I'd sell (if not a recent purchase) or just return the 990FX Extreme4 and go with a Extreme9 or similar, as it fully supports 220w TDP processors and has the 9590 on the it's list, so it likely was tested and proven to work well with it.

I would suggest for you to contact ASRock directly via their website, my experience with their support in the past has been the best one could hope for.

:) Someone, ^^^^, needs to re-read the Title and post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetron84 View Post
    Hey guys,

my Rig.

Mainboard: ASROCK 990FX Extreme 9
    CPU: AMD 9590
    Ram: Corsair xms3 2x2GB
    Kingston KVR 2x2GB

Graphic: Powercolor HD 7870
    PSU: COBA 650 Watt
    HDD. Samsung HD103UJ 1TB
    Run it with only two sticks of Corsair or Kingston memory and report back if it runs fine while doing this. Mixing memory isn't recommended and can lead to issues.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ChromeD2 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    :) Someone, ^^^^, needs to re-read the Title and post again.
    That's what I get for posting 10min after waking up!

I still would suggest for you to directly contact ASRock's support. That said, I retract my previous statement, since I misread what board you have.

Poetron84, is your PSU colored silver metallic or black?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeD2 View Post
    That's what I get for posting 10min after waking up!
    I've done the same thing here too ............ Keep watching, I'm due to do it again soon.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I allready removed the two kingstons yesterday morning system worked fine nearly the whole day. And today i had one crash to striped screen and afterwards after reboot i had freeze. The PSU is silver metalic.
    I also did Memtest and it passed without problems.( sorry for late answer)
    Last edited by Poetron84; 01-23-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Ok, silver. That infers you have an/the older silver Coba 650w psu model that has four rails rated at 18A each. Is that correct?

The newer black Coba 650w psu's have two rails rated at 30A each.

I can read on the PSU there is 1. 30A 1. 28A and 4. 18A what evr that means

Quote Originally Posted by Poetron84 View Post
    I can read on the PSU there is 1. 30A 1. 28A and 4. 18A what evr that means
    THIS one, correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information