Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Vision X Haswell - VGA Problem

Default Asrock Vision X Haswell - VGA Problem

Hi there, i recently bought an Asrock Vision X Haswell
    specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4200M (2.5GHz), 2C/4T, 3MB Cache, max. Turbo (3.1GHz), 37Watt
    RAM: 2x4GB DDR3, 1600MHz (max. 2x 8GB)
    Chipset: Intel HM87 Express
    Hdd: 1TB, 7200 rpm, 2.5" S-ATA
    Gfx: AMD Radeon HD8850M mit 1GB GDDR4, Intel Quick Sync, Intel InTru 3D, Intel Clear Video HD Technology
    Optical: DVD Super Multi
    I Added an SSD and installed Windows7 on it - so far so good.

Now the Problem is, that the Asrock won't boot when there is only a HDMI or VGA cable added - without a monitor
    When i start the Computer with only the Cable connected, i can't even get into the BIOS - sometimes it beeps 5 times (i think short beeps) and then it just hangs on a blackscreen
    When i plug a Monitor into it and reboot, there's no problem booting the system

I want to use my Asrock Vison X as a htpc on a Sanyo Projector - even when this projector is turned on and connected, the asrock vision X won't boot.
    for me, it looks like the computer wants a detected monitor to boot otherwise it freezes on an error - at the same time, it wont recognize the Sanyo Projector as a working monitor.

Now, when i plug in no Cable / Monitor / Projector at all, the system boots. Once booted, i can connect my Projector and it works like a charm.
    When i plug in any TFT via VGA or DVI, the System boots - after booting i can connect the Sanyo Projector and it works

Rebooting when a the Projector or only a Cable without Monitor is connected won't work
    When the Computer goes into sleep mode and i wake it up again, everything works

do you guys have any idea what could be the issue about this?

If anybody of you guys got an Asrock Vision X 420D i would really appreciate it, if you could test to start your machine with only a VGA DVI or HDMI cable connected to it - without Monitor / Projector, just the wire.

i'll be very thankfull for any advice

Default Re: Asrock Vision X Haswell - VGA Problem

anybody? i really would appreciate some advice!

How long of cabling(vga, dvi, hdmi) are we talking about here? Hopefully not that runs up the wall and across the ceiling then into the projector. I could maybe see that as a problem if there's no display present at the far end of the cable.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Oh. What model is the Sanyo projector?

Does the projector have anything that resembles CEC in functionality? If so, disable it and retry.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

thanks for your answer
    Its a sanyo PLV-Z5 projector - i dont know what CEC is but i'll google it in a minute.. but doesn't a normal computer boot, no matter whether there is a vga wire connected to it or not.. why would my asrock act like this and not boot when just a wire, but not a monitor is connected.
    The length of the wire isn't too long, about 2.5meters - the exact same setup worked with a shutte Barebone before... but with the new Asrock Vision X haswell it doesn't.

my workaround for the moment is: i let the asrock just goin to sleep mode only, wake it up with my mobile phone - WOL, thats the way it works. but booting from "scratch" or rebooting doesn't work

What cable option, dvi vga or hdmi,, is it you intend to leave connected to the projector? HDMI?

Using HDMI, when you do get a signal into the projector, by pressing the INFO button on your remote does the V-sync displayed match that of the input?

Looking at the manual I see it's an older model and thus does not, that I can find anyways, make use of any CEC functions. CEC is sometimes responsible for headaches when connected to equip that doesn't know what to do when it's present on the HDMI cable.

Your Vision. Does it allow two displays to be connected at the same time? If it does, with the projector connected via HDMI and a computer monitor on another port, do you see this problem? IOW, will the proj after being turned on have a signal?

I tested this setup before, but i dont remember the outcome for sure.
    I think, when i conntect a monitor via DVI and the Projector via HDMI then, booting worked - but i'm not 100% sure about it - i will test it again tomorrow and leave a comment

Thread Information