Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FM2A88X-ITX with Viper 3 Low Profile Series - Red, DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133MHz

Default FM2A88X-ITX with Viper 3 Low Profile Series - Red, DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133MHz

I have put a system together with this motherboard & ram with an AMD A10 7850K. I ran the settings at auto & therefore the ram was at 1600 mhz at 1.50 volts. I then changed the settings to 2133 mhz but got freezing in windows so increased the voltage from 1.50 to 1.55 on the ram. This stopped freezing/lock up but I still get some BSODs & other issues. I decided to run memtest on the modules last night.

Running the modules at 2133 MHz at 1.55, 1.60 or 1.65 volts resulted in memory errors within 10 minutes.

Today I ran the modules on the auto settings ie 1.5 volts, 1600 MHz & had no issues. So the ram isn't faulty.

Can someone please suggest how to tweak the modules to run at 2133 mhz? Do I need to increase other motherboard or APU voltages to achieve stability?

Default Re: FM2A88X-ITX with Viper 3 Low Profile Series - Red, DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133MHz

THIS kit, PVL316G213C1KR, which is two 8GB sticks in a matched kit.

Assuming the above linked IS the kit you have, when you say you changed the settings to 2133, can I assume you also changed the primary timings from 9-9-9-24(1600) to 11-11-11-30(2133) ?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: FM2A88X-ITX with Viper 3 Low Profile Series - Red, DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133MHz

Also, are you running the latest BIOS? I only recommend flashing your BIOS via the "Instant Flash" method.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

The RAM you mention is what I have.

I selected:

XMP 1.3 Profile 1 in the BIOS as this has settings of 11-11-11-30. I confirmed this is the BIOS & also by running CPUID in Win 8.1 x64

DRAM Frequency shows as DDR3-2133

I am running the very latest BIOS update.

In CPUID look at the available XMP 2133 profiles and see if there's one that specifies a command rate of 2.

If there is select that one and test.

FM2A88X-ITX with Viper 3 Low Profile Series - Red, DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133MHz-profiles-jpg

This is what I have. It seems to indicate I need to put in a command rate of 3T

However, I am using the AMP Profile?

Let me finish what I'm in the middle of and later today or tomorrow I'll jump over to my FM2A88X Extreme6+ and offer some more help in the way of BIOS screenshots.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Wow, first time I've ever seen a CR of 3T... assuming that is correct.

If that memory is rated for 2133, and it has errors at that speed, is that not faulty?

Tonight while watching media on my PC I lost video & the PC shut down. I tried power on & the PC posted but I then lost video again & the pc shut down. I removed the APU reset it this didn't work. I tried another APU this didn't work. I removed both sticks of RAM & tried them individually, nothing. Now the PC will not POST with either APU or both or individual sticks or ram. I tried resetting the CMOS jumper too on several occasions but no luck.

Any thoughts on this? I have contacted the supplier with the above info
    Last edited by AlistairS; 01-26-2014 at 03:44 AM. Reason: updated info

Please read #1 in my Sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information