Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: E3C226D2I Suspend to RAM (S3)

Default E3C226D2I Suspend to RAM (S3)

To all E3C226D2I owner, is your Suspend to Memory listed under ACPI configuration? The manual clearly stated it's supported but all the BIOS I tried from 1.4, 1.6 & 1.70 has no S3 support.

I did alot of research before purchasing the board given the fact that it support S3 and it's C226. If this happens to me only, then I need to RMA the board.

Thanks.

Default Re: E3C226D2I Suspend to RAM (S3)

It doesn't yet support S3. They sent me a BIOS for S3 support but it still has a few bugs. I am hoping to get a version soon that fully works but it's been over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by rpress View Post
    It doesn't yet support S3. They sent me a BIOS for S3 support but it still has a few bugs. I am hoping to get a version soon that fully works but it's been over a month now.
    Is the S3 BIOS you got 1.62? Also what type of bugs are you seeing? I am pushing them to officially support S3 in the future BIOS release

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Quote Originally Posted by jayband View Post
    Is the S3 BIOS you got 1.62? Also what type of bugs are you seeing? I am pushing them to officially support S3 in the future BIOS release

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
    Yes it's 1.62D. The real time clock will not wake the computer from S3. In Linux that means "rtcwake" doesn't work, for Windows that would be "scheduled tasks". I put my server to sleep at night to save power but without the real time clock working I can't do that.

Hi Jayband, if you would like to give 1.62d update a try, I can send it to you. You can always go back if it doesn't solve your problem. Please let me know.

Bill
    US ASRock TSD
    william@asrockamerica.com

Cool Re: E3C226D2I Suspend to RAM (S3)

Hey Bill,

is is it possible to get a copy of that firmware :D my option is also missing. Is it stable right know?

Higi

Thread Information