Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Does anyone have Rapid Start working on the Asrock VisionX 420D BIOS 1.50?

Default Does anyone have Rapid Start working on the Asrock VisionX 420D BIOS 1.50?

I can't get Intel Rapid Start to work on my VisionX 420D. It keeps waking up just after dumping RAM to SSD and entering S4 mode. S3 sleep works fine. Asrock tells me to exchange the machine but it is a hassle since I added a 750GB SSD and upgraded to BD Combo from stock DVDRW. I updated to latest 1.50 BIOS, Samsung 840 EVO SSD firmware and reset the CMOS to no avail. Machine has 8GB and the Asrock utility created the partition with no problem.

I have tried Rapid Start on both Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Windows 8.1 clean install. Both of these have the same issue.

Before I go through the trouble of exchanging the machine, I would like to get confirmation from someone on this forum with a VisionX 420D who has Rapid Start working reliably. If no one has it working it may just be a BIOS issue.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Does anyone have Rapid Start working on the Asrock VisionX 420D BIOS 1.50?

I don't have a VisionX, but Rapid Start must be configured perfectly to work right. The order of the driver installation and configuration is crucial.

Intel guide: http://download.intel.com/support/mo...user_guide.pdf

ASRock guide: http://www.asrock.com/support/note/IntelRapidStart.pdf

Rapid Start when using Windows 8 is useless, since Windows 8 has its own fast start feature built in.

The waking from Sleep issue might be caused by the network chip configuration. Check Device Manager for the network device and be sure that any wake on LAN settings are disabled/unchecked.

Default Re: Does anyone have Rapid Start working on the Asrock VisionX 420D BIOS 1.50?

It could be, but the truth is that if I disable Rapid Start and use regular S3 sleep it does not wake up at all. If I disconnect network and all usb devices before it enters S4, it still wakes up! I would just like to know from an actual Asrock VisionX 420d user who has Rapid Start working. If there is such a person I will exchange the computer. If not I will guess it is not a hardware problem but a BIOS problem.

Thread Information