Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AD2550-ITX no sound via HDMI

Default AD2550-ITX no sound via HDMI

Hello,

I have build a little audio PC using an AD2550-ITX Mainboard and Windows XP 32bit SP3 as OS. Everything works just fine except that I can't hear sounds via the HDMI port.
    The Mainboard uses the Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec.
    In the device manager I have one unknown device with an exclamtion mark. The device manager says: "unknown device on high definition audio bus"
    I was not able to install the proper drivers for this device. Windows update, Realtek drivers, Asrock drivers, Windows FixIt nothing would help.
    In the Sound, video and game controllers section of the device manager I do have an Realtek High Definition Audio Device without exclamtion mark wich seems to be installe properly.
    As far as I know Ishould be able to select audio output via HDMI in the Sound options but I can only find the Realtek High Definition Audio.

I have spent a lot of time searching for a solution to my issue but nothing worked so far.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
    Fred

Default Re: AD2550-ITX no sound via HDMI

Hi Fred,

The audio through your HDMI port is actually produced by the Intel video driver. After installing your XP, please make sure you run the driver CD completely beginning from INF, Video, audio, LAN, Intel Rapid, USB3 and so on. The regular AUX audio ports you see on the rear I/O belongs to Realtek while the audio through the HDMI is the outcome of the same Intel PowerVR SGX545. XP driver of such device is not available for download on the website of this model. But you can fetch it from other model here.

Bill
    US ASRock TSD

japman is offline Junior Member

Default Re: AD2550-ITX no sound via HDMI

Thanks Bill,
    useful link!

Thread Information