Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Motherboard w/ Kaveri Not Showing Video

Default Re: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Motherboard w/ Kaveri Not Showing Video

i am having the same problem with my build i just bought the same MB but paired it with amd a10-6800 k richland 4.1ghz CPU and i had a few other problems other that this but they were my goof's. i have version 1.4 bios at least thats what the sticker says i have tried removing and reinstalling the RAM, clearing the CMOS everything is plugged in, i am using the integrated video in the MB i dont have a dedicated video card.

not trying to hijack your thread just having the same problem and the only thing common to our problem is the MB that i can see i also bought form newegg on the jan 22

parsec is offline Senior Member

Jeremy, your memory model (G.SKILL F3-2133C10D-16GXM) is not listed in your board's compatibility list, or any G.SKILL GXM memory whatsoever. The limited specs on the Newegg page for your memory mentions Intel socket 1155 compatibility, but nothing about AMD. G.SKILL's site might list AMD compatibility, but nothing in the ASRock memory compatibility list is not a good sign.

It looks like the first compatible BIOS is version 1.50, not 1.40 (first entry in the list): ASRock > FM2A88X-ITX+

ben1981, the board might be all you have in common with the OP, but it would help to know what memory you have, etc. Your CPU is compatible with all BIOS versions.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Jeremy, your memory model (G.SKILL F3-2133C10D-16GXM) is not listed in your board's compatibility list, or any G.SKILL GXM memory whatsoever. The limited specs on the Newegg page for your memory mentions Intel socket 1155 compatibility, but nothing about AMD. G.SKILL's site might list AMD compatibility, but nothing in the ASRock memory compatibility list is not a good sign.

It looks like the first compatible BIOS is version 1.50, not 1.40 (first entry in the list): ASRock > FM2A88X-ITX+

ben1981, the board might be all you have in common with the OP, but it would help to know what memory you have, etc. Your CPU is compatible with all BIOS versions.

well i took everything back off and out of the case and put everything back in and it booted up i just finished installing windows, idk what it was but something wasn't installed correctly. i have g skill ripjaws x series ddr3 1600 8gb 2 4gb sticks model number f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl

hope OP gets issue resolved GL man

thanks wardog, and parsec for your help
    ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AMD Radeon HD 8670D

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)

CORSAIR CXM series CX430M 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Western Digital WD Green WD20EZRX 2TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner WH16NS40 - OEM

Thumbs up Re: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Motherboard w/ Kaveri Not Showing Video

I found that my memory modules were not mounted correctly. One I reseated them, my system worked like a charm. Was able to Instant Flash the latest bios, and I am not installing Windows. Thanks for your help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Dean Coggins View Post
    I found that my memory modules were not mounted correctly. One I reseated them, my system worked like a charm. Was able to Instant Flash the latest bios, and I am not installing Windows. Thanks for your help guys!
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Blackdrag is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Assuming the board is new and you didn't get one that someone else had prior, look at the lower left below the SATA and there is a white sticker over the BIOS that has the original shipped BIOS revision printed on it.

There was a recent thread here concerning just this, don't remember if it was the same board or not, but ASRock Emily answered that the BIOS would recognize Kaveri even if on the CPU Support pages that particular BIOS revision was prior to Kaveri. User acknowledged this was true, it did, and once the system was deemed stable he upflashed to the current Kaveri supported BIOS revision.

My guess. Take the R9 270x out, clear the BIOS and reboot. Seen alot of probs with older BIOSes and newer gfx cards. Once it boots using Kaveri's iGPU, and it's deemed a stable system, upflash the BIOS to the latest released NON-BETA and try reinserting the 270x.
    This solved the issue for me! I was building a cheap gaming rig for a friend using an Asrock FM2A88+ and an Athlon 860K with a R9 270 graphics card, but was getting no display and couldn't tell if it was passing POST. Swapped the R9 270 with a GTX 670 from my own machine and then it would successfully POST with display. After I flashed the newest BIOS version I put the R9 270 back in it worked perfectly. Thank you!!!! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information