Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asrock 970 Pro 3 R2.0 + FX-6300 - various BSODs

Adr3nl is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock 970 Pro 3 R2.0 + FX-6300 - various BSODs

I originally intended to buy a XFX core edition 550W, however it was out of stock at my local dealer. He suggested this one instead, and after looking it up i concluded it wasn't a bad choice at all.
    Radeon 280x is actually a rebranded HD7970! I've conducted a small experiment test by installing windows 7 (default/basic drivers) and in less than 15 minutes bsod!
    The only issue i've read about in the FSP Raider is the slightly high ripple in the 5v rail @ idle. note that idle is the scenario where i normally have bsods.
    When i manage to get some time i'll tear down my brother's pc and use the gfx card and psu to test mine. The psu is fairly cheap and non-branded 550w, but has been working fine in the last 1-2 years, so it should be fine for testing purposes. I'll only swap the gfx card because there is no way i'm using the 280X with that psu :p!

Regarding memory compatibility, in the list provided in AsRock site, it is mentioned a GSkill module with the reference F3-12800CL9D-4GBECO.I belive that's the same model i have, but with 2Gb instead of 4. I'll check Samsung Green memory as you said.

The HDD
    sfc /scannow test seemed to me a little "random" in my system. First it did not run completely. Then it run with errors and said it wasn't able to correct them, and finally it went flawless.

FumaKilla is offline Junior Member

I'm sorry, but i think you may passed important note on the memory compatibility list regarding your 6 core processor :

"Note5: The mainboard supports DDR3-2000 MHz DIMMs only when you install a 6-core cpu to the mainboard."

Source : ASRock > 970 Pro3 R2.0

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adr3nl View Post
    I originally intended to buy a XFX core edition 550W, however it was out of stock at my local dealer. He suggested this one instead, and after looking it up i concluded it wasn't a bad choice at all.
    Radeon 280x is actually a rebranded HD7970! I've conducted a small experiment test by installing windows 7 (default/basic drivers) and in less than 15 minutes bsod!
    The only issue i've read about in the FSP Raider is the slightly high ripple in the 5v rail @ idle. note that idle is the scenario where i normally have bsods.
    When i manage to get some time i'll tear down my brother's pc and use the gfx card and psu to test mine. The psu is fairly cheap and non-branded 550w, but has been working fine in the last 1-2 years, so it should be fine for testing purposes. I'll only swap the gfx card because there is no way i'm using the 280X with that psu :p!

Regarding memory compatibility, in the list provided in AsRock site, it is mentioned a GSkill module with the reference F3-12800CL9D-4GBECO.I belive that's the same model i have, but with 2Gb instead of 4. I'll check Samsung Green memory as you said.

The HDD
    sfc /scannow test seemed to me a little "random" in my system. First it did not run completely. Then it run with errors and said it wasn't able to correct them, and finally it went flawless.
    The ECO memory the same as BXL, just different capacity DIMMs? No, that's not how G.SKILL does their model numbers. Here's the BXL list at G.SKILL:

http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&series=264&p=3

The ECO memory product page: ECO - F3-10666CL7D-8GBECO - G.SKILL DDR3 Memory

But I must say your BXL memory is listed by G.SKILL in their own QVL for use with your board.

I think the graphics card change test you will do is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FumaKilla View Post
    I'm sorry, but i think you may passed important note on the memory compatibility list regarding your 6 core processor :

"Note5: The mainboard supports DDR3-2000 MHz DIMMs only when you install a 6-core cpu to the mainboard."

In general a good point, except the OP is using 1600 memory, not 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post

In general a good point, except the OP is using 1600 memory, not 2000.
    according to my poor engrish skill, The statement said it only support DDR3-2000MHZ when you put 6 core processor on the board, isn't that mean any other than 2000 memory module is troublesome?

Hello everyone and thanks for the contribution.

I've tried everything i could think of with my limited resources without results, so, last week i've sent the pc to the store where i've bought it.
    Today they called me to say that the CPU is the defective part in the system.
    It's a extremely rare break point to my experience, but they managed to temporarily provide a Athlon II X3 while they dont hava any FX6300 in stock.
    Until now it looks ok! i hope it says that way!

I personally think it's the 6 core that started the problems........
    just so happen my search engine result on "970 pro3 R2.0 memory problems" return with 6 core processor being most of them..........
    and there is also stickied thread on this forum dedicated for 6 processors.
    I might be wrong but... it just crossed my mind.

and BTW I manage to tame my 970 pro3 R2.0..... it's not naughty anymore. (posted on another thread on this forum section)
    but I used 8 cores.

Hello FumaKilla

Note5: The mainboard supports DDR3-2000 MHz DIMMs only when you install a 6-core cpu to the mainboard.
    From what i understand from this sentence is that DDR3-2000Mhz modules are only supported(at full capacity at least) if, and only if, you use a 6+ cores CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by FumaKilla View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adr3nl View Post
    Hello FumaKilla

From what i understand from this sentence is that DDR3-2000Mhz modules are only supported(at full capacity at least) if, and only if, you use a 6+ cores CPU.
    yup..... I get that finally... after re reading the sentence.. several times.... Thank you :)..

BTW I just found out that AXTU version 0.1.383 did create random BSOD if I leave it on system tray...
    perhaps it's just me and my old win7-64.

but may be it's the reason they didn't put AXTU on the automatic installation on the main board DVD Driver.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information