Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intel AMT Manageability Engine supported?

Default Intel AMT Manageability Engine supported?

I'm unable to locate settings to configure Intel AMT options from the BIOS. Can you please tell me if this is supported?

MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 (BIOS P.2.30)
    CPU: Intel i5-4570 3.2GHz CPU

The i5-4570 is Intel vPro capable, and BIOS update 2.20 (12/04/2013) has been installed, which appears to include an update for Intel AMT ME.

I'm using this platform for a VMWare ESXi lab, and trying to get remote KVM (VNC) working.

Some example of what I'm after.
    How to set up Intel AMT features - Radmin Support Center
    Using Intel AMT’s VNC server « Michael Kuron's Blog

Thanks

Default Re: Intel AMT Manageability Engine supported?

I don't believe the Z series supports AMT or vPro.

The business oriented Q series does.

Ah, found it:
    ARK | Compare Intel® Products

PM Bill using THIS link and inquire. Bill's the ASRock Server Tech here, so if you get a short and simple answer concerning a desktop board don't be surprised.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Intel AMT Manageability Engine supported?

I use the same board as you do, but have a 'K' processor, and the software I used to check AMT support said not supported, but that may be due to my CPU.

Do you use the monitoring program HWiNFO64? If not, download it from here: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

You can download the .zip file and just run the program without installing it. The main information display has a tree hierarchy layout of the PC, expand the Mother Board entry, and then the SMBIOS DMI entry. The last two entries in the list are the ones to check, Intel vPro and Intel ME. This is the Intel ME info display:

Intel AMT Manageability Engine supported?-amt-capability-jpg

You can see that Manageability (AMT) is not supported with my hardware. You should also check the Intel vPro entry, for me it shows "BIOS ME Support" is not supported. I've never seen anything in the BIOS related to AMT, in any version.

I assume you have the Intel IME software installed? The Update Intel ME statement in the 2.20 BIOS description is most likely an update to the Intel ME firmware that is part of the BIOS file. But if support is disabled, what can you do? A board like this that is targeted at PC enthusiasts that OC and are gamers really is not the type to include AMT support.

Thumbs up Re: Intel AMT Manageability Engine supported?

Thanks guys... also found a similar query and it looks like I'll need to swap out for the Q87M for vPro support.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...t-support.html

I don't use HWiNFO64, but I'll definitely check it out, looks handy.

Thanks ya'll for the input!

Thread Information