Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Ahmet Kilišarslan is offline Junior Member

Default Re: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Quote Originally Posted by Doner View Post
    There's no way the memory controller on an AM3 chip can do 2400mhz RAM.
    ram is no important but fast boot important for me and i not understand why not doing fastboot : S same ssd can do old intel mainboard but this mainboard cant do it

Default Re: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

still nobody not answer pls help

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet Kilišarslan View Post
    i did try but it partition just two like normal. I dont know how to do that can you help me pls?
    I have hunch if it only put two partions that you didn't select the proper drive when at Step 4. You MUST choose the line that begins with UEFI:<insert drive name here>

Here. Here's a Windows 7 guide to installing with UEFI:
    UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Help Forums

Have you determined if your video cards have a GOP compatible vBIOS installed?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    I have hunch if it only put two partions that you didn't select the proper drive when at Step 4. You MUST choose the line that begins with UEFI:<insert drive="" name="" here="">

Here. Here's a Windows 7 guide to installing with UEFI:
    UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Help Forums

i did done just with uefi i,nstall windows 7 ultimate 64 bit my pc really getting so fast i can feel that but still ssd not duing fastboot :S but when i use windows its so fast maybe 2x now
    why ssd not fastboot what i doing wrong when it starting windows logo show up and wait there 10 second maybe in old intel mainboard same parts 2-3 second was
    tomorrow i will take pictures bios settings all and put here maybe i do there wrong something
    if someone any idea pls tell me</insert>

Screenshots from within the BIOS are easy.

Insert a usb thumb drive, boot up, and while the BIOS is displaying any screen, hit F12, and that screens "grab' will be created on the root of thumb drive.

Again, Have you determined if your video cards have a GOP compatible vBIOS installed?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

If the Windows installation did not format the OS drive as GPT, you did not have CSM disabled, or Secure Boot enabled.

Again, Have you determined if your video cards have a GOP compatible vBIOS installed?
    From what I can find, I don't think it has a GOP compatible VBIOS, certainly not with the standard factory VBIOS. While that is not the problem with the partitions on the Windows installation, the XFX 6790 is probably to old to have a GOP compatible VBIOS, it was introduced in late 2011. XFX does not have this card in its list of current video cards, at least in the USA, so they may not even support it to have a VBIOS update. That would also assume the VBIOS chip is big enough to hold a GOP compatible VBIOS, which is why older video cards cannot be made compatible.

i did check for that too but i never find in my video card spesifaction like this thing i dont know in windows i can check or not too but i guess its not support bro
    but with same parts of my pc with asus m5a97 evo board fast boot was so good but when i buy sabertooth 990fx r2.0 this problem come i did give back that board and i buy asrock but same problem with that too
    i dont think so its about gop i was use same video card too about uefi boot when i install like that bios colors was become more good and mouse use there getting faster about windows getting faster 2x maybe more or less

Screenshots from within the BIOS are easy.

Insert a usb thumb drive, boot up, and while the BIOS is displaying any screen, hit F12, and that screens "grab' will be created on the root of thumb drive.

plus ssd test pictures and uefi boot

Last edited by Ahmet Kilišarslan; 03-10-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Ok, screenies. Thank you. I notice two problems. With correcting one I'm hoping it corrects the second.

This may prove long and laborious on your part but doing this over the internet is a seemingly and painstakingly slow process. Patience on your part to follow and not jump ahead of me is required. For should you go and make changes that I'm not aware while guiding you through this won't help matters. I'll ask for BIOS screenies and it would be nice if you took and posted them when asked. If you feel you can't follow along and not jump ahead the speak up now, for helping you also requires my patience on this end too.

Right off the bat I can tell RTFM means nothing anymore. For had you RTFM you would have read that you currently have your memory in the wrong two slots. Why ever it's reading them as DDR3 840MHz I haven't a clue but am hoping after you do the below steps that get's corrected too. You feeding them 1.65v all the while running them at a lowly 804MHz is going to cause problems on its own. My guess is at only 804MHz they would run fine at 1.30-1.35v, but currently at 804/1.65v is problematic.

1. Power down, shut the psu off using its switch on the rear, and remove the power cord from the wall
    2. Pull the memory and secure them in slots DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2 (ie Manual pg17; 4. Please install the memory module into DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2 slots for the first priority)
    3. Pull the CMOS battery, wait 60secs, and then jumper the pins 2 and 3 of CLRCMOS1 for 2mins, then re-jump back to the RUN pins of 1 and 2, and finally replace the CMOS battery back in
    4. Reconnect the power cord from the wall to the psu and then turn the psu switch to ON
    5. Boot it up and upon booting IMMEDIATELY enter the BIOS
    6. Go to the Exit tab in the BIOS, select "Load UEFI Defaults" , save, and reboot, with you going right back into the BIOS upon rebooting
    7. Once back in the BIOS go to Advanced > Storage Configuration and set SATA Controller to "Enabled' and then directly below that set SATA Mode to "AHCI Enabled"
    8. Go to the Exit tab in the BIOS, select "Save Changes and Exit" , save, and reboot, with you going right back into the BIOS upon rebooting

... Now, assuming it booted after step 8 above

9. Please re-take and post screenies of the 3rd pic from the top above showing "DRAM Timing Config" and also both req'd screenies of what's displayed from clicking "DRAM Timing Control"

The four screens I'm referencing above that I want CURRENT screenies of are:

http://i.hizliresim.com/eN0v3L.png, the Main BIOS page upon entering the BIOS

http://i.hizliresim.com/wvW1Rm.png, with the time of 16:44:38 displayed

http://i.hizliresim.com/eN0vrY.png, with the time of 16:44:46 displayed
    http://i.hizliresim.com/xJbo3q.png, with the time of 16:45:05 displayed

Upon seeing those four new screen shots posted we'll proceed from there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information