Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Ahmet Kilišarslan is offline Junior Member

Default Re: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Ok, screenies. Thank you. I notice two problems. With correcting one I'm hoping it corrects the second.

This may prove long and laborious on your part but doing this over the internet is a seemingly and painstakingly slow process. Patience on your part to follow and not jump ahead of me is required. For should you go and make changes that I'm not aware while guiding you through this won't help matters. I'll ask for BIOS screenies and it would be nice if you took and posted them when asked. If you feel you can't follow along and not jump ahead the speak up now, for helping you also requires my patience on this end too.

Right off the bat I can tell RTFM means nothing anymore. For had you RTFM you would have read that you currently have your memory in the wrong two slots. Why ever it's reading them as DDR3 840MHz I haven't a clue but am hoping after you do the below steps that get's corrected too. You feeding them 1.65v all the while running them at a lowly 804MHz is going to cause problems on its own. My guess is at only 804MHz they would run fine at 1.30-1.35v, but currently at 804/1.65v is problematic.

1. Power down, shut the psu off using its switch on the rear, and remove the power cord from the wall
    2. Pull the memory and secure them in slots DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2 (ie Manual pg17; 4. Please install the memory module into DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2 slots for the first priority)
    3. Pull the CMOS battery, wait 60secs, and then jumper the pins 2 and 3 of CLRCMOS1 for 2mins, then re-jump back to the RUN pins of 1 and 2, and finally replace the CMOS battery back in
    4. Reconnect the power cord from the wall to the psu and then turn the psu switch to ON
    5. Boot it up and upon booting IMMEDIATELY enter the BIOS
    6. Go to the Exit tab in the BIOS, select "Load UEFI Defaults" , save, and reboot, with you going right back into the BIOS upon rebooting
    7. Once back in the BIOS go to Advanced > Storage Configuration and set SATA Controller to "Enabled' and then directly below that set SATA Mode to "AHCI Enabled"
    8. Go to the Exit tab in the BIOS, select "Save Changes and Exit" , save, and reboot, with you going right back into the BIOS upon rebooting

... Now, assuming it booted after step 8 above

9. Please re-take and post screenies of the 3rd pic from the top above showing "DRAM Timing Config" and also both req'd screenies of what's displayed from clicking "DRAM Timing Control"

The four screens I'm referencing above that I want CURRENT screenies of are:

http://i.hizliresim.com/eN0v3L.png, the Main BIOS page upon entering the BIOS

http://i.hizliresim.com/wvW1Rm.png, with the time of 16:44:38 displayed

http://i.hizliresim.com/eN0vrY.png, with the time of 16:44:46 displayed
    http://i.hizliresim.com/xJbo3q.png, with the time of 16:45:05 displayed

Upon seeing those four new screen shots posted we'll proceed from there.
    i am greatfull to u even for interest and sorry for take ur time pics are under

Default Re: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet Kilišarslan View Post
    i am greatfull to u even for interest and sorry for take ur time pics are under
    Ehh, tis ok. You're not taking any "time' away from me in helping you here. If it weren't that you reside on the far side of earth from me I'd have maybe called you and talked you through this. Saved you that "time' you spoke of.

Good. We have progress. What you did there in following those steps did "cure' the two issues I was seeing in your first batch of screenies. Now the memory is in slots A2 and B2, and running at 1333, not 840. And as typical of ASRock, memory voltage still high at 1.65v, but I'm much more comfortable there with them running at 1333 vs 840 it was at.

Do this now please as it will save these working BIOS settings. Doing so will allow you(us) to easily get back to, or recall when and if needed, these KNOWN working stock/default BIOS settings:
    1. While in the BIOS navigate to the "Tool' tab and on the lower screen is "Save User Default". I want you to Save as "User Default 1"

That done? Good. Now no matter what happens we can get back to these BIOS setting by simply selecting your(our) saved User Default 1. Baseline stock settings is what you have now. Both CPU and memory are where they should be while at stock. Well, the memory voltage is a wee high but we'll deal with that later.

Can you show me what's available for the MHz options of the "DRAM Frequency'? Right now I don't want to change it. I just want to see what options/choices are offered when you click on the "Auto' to the right of "DRAM Frequency". A screenie or text will suffice here.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Sorry to say, your Windows installation is not configured for UEFI booting. The partitions of your Corsair SSD are clearly those of Legacy/MBR booting.

This is what a drive configured for UEFI booting looks like in Disk Management:

asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams-uefi-boot-partitions-jpg

Disk 0 is the Windows OS disk, notice the 100MB EFI System Partition, 300MB Recovery Partition, and a third partition found on UEFI booting Windows installations is not shown in Disk Management.

The EFI System Partition on your Corsair SSD is there because you formatted the SSD as GPT, which is correct, but is not enough to create a UEFI booting Windows installation.

You cannot change a standard Legacy/MBR or GPT Windows installation into a UEFI booting Windows installation, you will need to install Windows again with the BIOS configured for UEFI booting.

If your other PC that you said was UEFI booting had the same partitions as your new one, then you were not UEFI booting on that PC either.

i did check for that too but i never find in my video card spesifaction like this thing i dont know in windows i can check or not too but i guess its not support bro
    but with same parts of my pc with asus m5a97 evo board fast boot was so good but when i buy sabertooth 990fx r2.0 this problem come i did give back that board and i buy asrock but same problem with that too
    i dont think so its about gop i was use same video card too about uefi boot when i install like that bios colors was become more good and mouse use there getting faster about windows getting faster 2x maybe more or less
    UEFI booting does not make a PC faster in Windows at all, it only speeds up the start up and boot time. That's why it is called UEFI booting, not "UEFI running Windows" or "UEFI fast OS". If Windows is faster now, it is because of the SSD and your new processor is better.

I looked through all the screen shots of your BIOS settings many times, and if they show everything in your BIOS, then I have bad news for you. That board and BIOS will not UEFI boot Windows 7. It can UEFI boot Windows 8, but not Windows 7, sorry to say.

Why? As I wrote earlier there are two ways to enable UEFI booting, which also enables Windows to be installed for UEFI booting.

The first way is to enable Secure Boot, but that only works with Windows 8.

The second way is to set an option called CSM to disabled. That will work for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

But the bad news is, I cannot find the CSM option in your BIOS. The CSM option is usually in the Boot screen, or in Advanced, ACPI. I don't see it in either of those screens in your screenshots.

I checked the BIOS list on your board's download page, and it is empty, is that correct? No new BIOS versions? It might be possible for ASRock to add the CSM option to your board's BIOS.

I have no idea how your other PC that you claim was UEFI booting was able to, that was an Intel board, right? What model board was that?

Ehh, tis ok. You're not taking any "time' away from me in helping you here. If it weren't that you reside on the far side of earth from me I'd have maybe called you and talked you through this. Saved you that "time' you spoke of.

Good. We have progress. What you did there in following those steps did "cure' the two issues I was seeing in your first batch of screenies. Now the memory is in slots A2 and B2, and running at 1333, not 840. And as typical of ASRock, memory voltage still high at 1.65v, but I'm much more comfortable there with them running at 1333 vs 840 it was at.

Do this now please as it will save these working BIOS settings. Doing so will allow you(us) to easily get back to, or recall when and if needed, these KNOWN working stock/default BIOS settings:
    1. While in the BIOS navigate to the "Tool' tab and on the lower screen is "Save User Default". I want you to Save as "User Default 1"

That done? Good. Now no matter what happens we can get back to these BIOS setting by simply selecting your(our) saved User Default 1. Baseline stock settings is what you have now. Both CPU and memory are where they should be while at stock. Well, the memory voltage is a wee high but we'll deal with that later.

Can you show me what's available for the MHz options of the "DRAM Frequency'? Right now I don't want to change it. I just want to see what options/choices are offered when you click on the "Auto' to the right of "DRAM Frequency". A screenie or text will suffice here.
    it have till 1600 mhz but i have rams 2400 mhz i am at work now i cant send pic from bios but i did try alot thing for make 2400 but it not work i did make 1600 mhz right now just changed that in bios when i go home i put here picture what u want again

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Sorry to say, your Windows installation is not configured for UEFI booting. The partitions of your Corsair SSD are clearly those of Legacy/MBR booting.

This is what a drive configured for UEFI booting looks like in Disk Management:

asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams-uefi-boot-partitions-jpg

Disk 0 is the Windows OS disk, notice the 100MB EFI System Partition, 300MB Recovery Partition, and a third partition found on UEFI booting Windows installations is not shown in Disk Management.

The EFI System Partition on your Corsair SSD is there because you formatted the SSD as GPT, which is correct, but is not enough to create a UEFI booting Windows installation.

i did try alot for can uefi installation and i did do like this steps
    i did made one usb flash for windows installation (what they show how to do for uefi)
    i did put usb and start windows installation when i come format page i did hit shift+f10
    after that i did find ssd list disk
    write clean disk 0
    convert gpt
    and i did exit from cmd and i did format ssd
    and it made 3 part ssd msr reserved and 100mb system and other part of ssd
    and i install windows when i finish installation windows really get fast
    and in boot choses bios windows boot come and bios colors get more nice like it was 16 bit color changed to 32 bit

You cannot change a standard Legacy/MBR or GPT Windows installation into a UEFI booting Windows installation, you will need to install Windows again with the BIOS configured for UEFI booting.

bios dont have uefi boot part but when i put usb stick there in boots i see uefi toshiba ..... and just toshiba so i chose uefi toshiba one and i start install like that

If your other PC that you said was UEFI booting had the same partitions as your new one, then you were not UEFI booting on that PC either.

with other pc i not do uefi boot i installing normal without make gpt to ssd just in bios i chose fastboot and tada its open so fast even without format my ssd its fastbooting

UEFI booting does not make a PC faster in Windows at all, it only speeds up the start up and boot time. That's why it is called UEFI booting, not "UEFI running Windows" or "UEFI fast OS". If Windows is faster now, it is because of the SSD and your new processor is better.

its not about uefi boot i guess its about i turn to gpt thats why its get faster because i didnt do another thing

I looked through all the screen shots of your BIOS settings many times, and if they show everything in your BIOS, then I have bad news for you. That board and BIOS will not UEFI boot Windows 7. It can UEFI boot Windows 8, but not Windows 7, sorry to say.

Why? As I wrote earlier there are two ways to enable UEFI booting, which also enables Windows to be installed for UEFI booting.

The first way is to enable Secure Boot, but that only works with Windows 8.

The second way is to set an option called CSM to disabled. That will work for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

But the bad news is, I cannot find the CSM option in your BIOS. The CSM option is usually in the Boot screen, or in Advanced, ACPI. I don't see it in either of those screens in your screenshots.

csm appear and go away with what i chose from boot part i can chose from boot part 1-disable 2-fastboot 3-ultra fastboot if i chose 1 csm appear i can make disabel or enable
    and when i chose ultra fast boot its not work just even when i come on it its write there too like u say gop thing (but i still dont know how to check gop)

I checked the BIOS list on your board's download page, and it is empty, is that correct? No new BIOS versions? It might be possible for ASRock to add the CSM option to your board's BIOS.

yeah like u said they not share any bios

I have no idea how your other PC that you claim was UEFI booting was able to, that was an Intel board, right? What model board was that?

i didnt do there uefi boot just chose fast boot

and if you just tell me 3 things about that i really greatfull to u

1- where i can check gop for graphic card
    2- where i mistake about uefi installation and why not appear on my disk managment 300mb?
    3- its not matter uefi boot just fast boot enough for me
    i dont know about forum stuffs i did answer all in quote ur questions and thnks so much to u too for interest with my problem
    Last edited by Ahmet Kilišarslan; 03-11-2014 at 06:10 PM.

i didnt do there uefi boot just chose fast boot

and if you just tell me 3 things about that i really greatfull to u

1- where i can check gop for graphic card
    2- where i mistake about uefi installation and why not appear on my disk managment 300mb?
    3- its not matter uefi boot just fast boot enough for me
    i dont know about forum stuffs i did answer all in quote ur questions and thnks so much to u too for interest with my problem
    1. Your video card is a ATI Radeon XFX HD 6790, right? Only XFX can tell you if your card is GOP compatible. Try asking them in their user forum, which is here:

http://www.xfxsupport.com/Account/Login.aspx

2. In my last post, I talked about the Secure Boot and CSM options. Windows 7 will install itself for UEFI booting only if the CSM option is set to Disabled. Windows 8 will install itself for UEFI booting if either Secure Boot is enabled, or if the CSM option is set to Disabled. Also, you must let the Windows installation format the disk for you, do not try to format it before you install Windows.

3. ASRock has two fast boot settings, Fast and Ultra Fast. You should be able to use the Fast setting with a normal Windows installation. You must have a UEFI booting Windows installation before you can use the Ultra Fast setting.

All your questions are good and I think you understand all this better now. I have never seen a board's manual that explains how to set up UEFI booting, it took me a while to learn how to do it. Some things I learned from the guide I suggested, others I learned by just trying different things. I guess UEFI booting is not popular or talked about much because of the video issue, the GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) compatibility requirement. The video card manufactures are just now providing the needed VBIOS for GOP. Older video cards cannot be made GOP compatible at all.

If you have more questions, please ask. Sorry that this is difficult.

2. In my last post, I talked about the Secure Boot and CSM options. Windows 7 will install itself for UEFI booting only if the CSM option is set to Disabled. Windows 8 will install itself for UEFI booting if either Secure Boot is enabled, or if the CSM option is set to Disabled. Also, you must let the Windows installation format the disk for you, do not try to format it before you install Windows.

3. ASRock has two fast boot settings, Fast and Ultra Fast. You should be able to use the Fast setting with a normal Windows installation. You must have a UEFI booting Windows installation before you can use the Ultra Fast setting.
    yes my problem even when i do enable fastboot its same with disable already better i take video and put here too for u see

All your questions are good and I think you understand all this better now. I have never seen a board's manual that explains how to set up UEFI booting, it took me a while to learn how to do it. Some things I learned from the guide I suggested, others I learned by just trying different things. I guess UEFI booting is not popular or talked about much because of the video issue, the GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) compatibility requirement. The video card manufactures are just now providing the needed VBIOS for GOP. Older video cards cannot be made GOP compatible at all.
    even without gop i need to do fast boot i think but i will search this too do u have any idea about that fastboot problem bro?
    Last edited by Ahmet Kilišarslan; 03-12-2014 at 05:22 AM.

and i found this is that the gop?
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/1...24-110814.html
    Last edited by Ahmet Kilišarslan; 03-12-2014 at 07:34 AM.

yes my problem even when i do enable fastboot its same with disable already better i take video and put here too for u see

even without gop i need to do fast boot i think but i will search this too do u have any idea about that fastboot problem bro?
    I see you found the CSM option! I'm glad your board has it. But as I said earlier, your current Windows installation does not support UEFI booting. You would need to install Windows again as I described before.

About your Fast boot problem, as I said before, there are some things about a mother board you cannot control, and if it boots slower than another board, nothing can be done. You are comparing an AMD to an Intel system, they are very different, all different hardware, drivers, and BIOS/UEFI. I'm not saying that Intel is better than AMD in general (Intel's SATA is faster than AMD's, that is not my opinion, but check the PC used in SSD reviews on PC tech sites, they all use Intel because it is faster), just that they are different.

On your new AMD system, are ALL the SSDs and HDDs you use EXACTLY the same ones and same number of drives you used on your Intel PC? If not, that will make the new system slower. Did you have the DVD drive in the Intel PC? That will slow down boot time too. I still don't know what Intel board and CPU you were using that had Fast boot?

The XFX VBIOS you found is from 2011, and it does not support GOP. This VBIOS is to old to support GOP, the first video cards that support GOP were released in late 2012, and needed VBIOS updates that were not available until 2013. It also depends on the manufacture of the card, if they support it with VBIOS updates. I'm sorry but your video card is just to old to support GOP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information