Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Ahmet Kilišarslan is offline Junior Member

Default asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

1- i cant fast boot at windows 7 64bit i did do bios fast boot and windows ssd settings but it not do fast boot but ssd when windows open already its fast and working nice
    2- on bios i cant change rams to 2400mhz i have ram 2400 but working just 1720

thnks for help who help (STİLL NOT SOLVED)

plus ssd test pictures and uefi boot

Last edited by Ahmet Kilišarslan; 03-11-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Default Re: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

1. I have no idea as I won't use Windows 8.

2. Heh, what CPU are you using and what's it's specified speed that the memory controller is rated for? Info like that should have been posted on your first post. See #1 in my Sig.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: asrock fatality 990fx killer cant fast boot and i cant make 2400mhz rams

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    1. I have no idea as I won't use Windows 8.

2. Heh, what CPU are you using and what's it's specified speed that the memory controller is rated for? Info like that should have been posted on your first post. See #1 in my Sig.
    my specifaction
    mother board: asrock 990fx fatality killer
    processor: amd phenom 2 x6 1100t 3.30
    ram: corsair dual 2x8 gb
    graphic card: ati radeon xfx hd 6790 x2
    powersuply: coller master gx 750w
    ssd: corsair 120 gb ls
    hdd: 1 tb samsung x3

and i use windows 7 64 bit i didnt try windows 8
    Last edited by Ahmet Kilišarslan; 02-20-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Had this particular 1100T proven itself to run memory at 2400 capable/stable in a previous build? That would be quite an impressive feat were it able.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Fast and Ultra Fast boot only works with a different way of installing Windows, called "UEFI Booting". Ultra Fast only works with Windows 8.

The PC's video cards or onboard video must support what is called "GOP" to allow UEFI booting, and only the newest video cards support GOP, and some of those require a VBios update before they are compatible with GOP. You must check with your video card manufacture (XFX) to learn if they are GOP compatible, which is unlikely.

Here's a link to a description of installing Windows for UEFI booting: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

I know your board's manual and BIOS do not have any description about how to install Windows that way, neither does any of my boards. I would not worry about it, the gain in booting speed if you are using a SSD will only be a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Had this particular 1100T proven itself to run memory at 2400 capable/stable in a previous build? That would be quite an impressive feat were it able.
    i did collect thats all for sabertooth 990fx r2.0 but it was have problem seller take back. they told me this series have problem so i turn to asrock

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Fast and Ultra Fast boot only works with a different way of installing Windows, called "UEFI Booting". Ultra Fast only works with Windows 8.

The PC's video cards or onboard video must support what is called "GOP" to allow UEFI booting, and only the newest video cards support GOP, and some of those require a VBios update before they are compatible with GOP. You must check with your video card manufacture (XFX) to learn if they are GOP compatible, which is unlikely.

Here's a link to a description of installing Windows for UEFI booting: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

I know your board's manual and BIOS do not have any description about how to install Windows that way, neither does any of my boards. I would not worry about it, the gain in booting speed if you are using a SSD will only be a few seconds.

thank you very much for give to me information but i didnt see any difrenceses with normal instal windows 7 between with that and about gop i wasnt know that i will research i hope it works .

Quote Originally Posted by ahmet kilišarslan View Post
    thank you very much for give to me information but i didnt see any difrenceses with normal instal windows 7 between with that and about gop i wasnt know that i will research i hope it works .
    i did try but it partition just two like normal. I dont know how to do that can you help me pls?

I have still problem please someone can help?

Doner is offline Junior Member

There's no way the memory controller on an AM3 chip can do 2400mhz RAM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information