Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A88X ITX+ not posting with Kaveri Installed - BIOS has been updated

Default Re: A88X ITX+ not posting with Kaveri Installed - BIOS has been updated

Further and final update:

Kaveri APU had been found faulty by vendor. I put the replacement in my system and the fault occurred exactly as before.
    As per -wardog-'s advice above, I switched out the Crucial Ballistix for some Corsair Vengeance LP that my father had - booted first time.

So, it would appear that the Kaveri is rather picky on the RAM it takes!

In fact after the first boot into windows, I turned the PC off, reassembled it with the PSU in, put the case back on etc, and the boot time to windows was unmeasurable. I mean it was literally seconds. The windows 8 symbol flashed for half a second and then windows was up and running!

PS- Thank you -wardog-
    My Rig:
    Case: Silverstone Raven RV03b
    CPU: Intel i7 3960x 6/12 (stock)
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 2011
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum Quad Channel 4x4GB @ 2133mhz
    GPU: XFX7950 3GB @ 925/1280
    PSU: NorthQ 750w
    SSD: Patriot Wildfire 240GB + 1TB HDD storage
    Cooling: Corsair H80i push/pull
    Her Rig:
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus
    Intel i7 975 extreme 4/8 (stock)
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme 1366
    RAM: OCZ i7 Tri-Channel 6x2GB @ 1066mhz
    GPU: XFX7950 3GB
    PSU: NorthQ 750w
    HDD: 1TB HDD storage
    Cooling: i7 Extreme tower cooler

Default Re: A88X ITX+ not posting with Kaveri Installed - BIOS has been updated

A lot of hassle. Enjoy it.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information