Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Try this, update to 2.50 first, then 2.80, and 3.00 eventually. ASRock > X79 Extreme6

  2. #12
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardoslr View Post
    ups... I have a SB-E processor! :S
    It is fine to use the IVB-E compatible BIOS with a SB-E processor, but you MUST do the 2.40 BIOS update correctly, as in the instructions.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Tried that, still nothing! 10 times out of 10 it gets stuck on that screen! I click everywhere (including the \X79E6_2.xx directory obviously) and nothing!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardoslr View Post
    Tried that, still nothing! 10 times out of 10 it gets stuck on that screen! I click everywhere (including the \X79E6_2.xx directory obviously) and nothing!
    I have EXACTLY the same prob. with my ASRock Extreme6/GB Board. I mistakenly flashed BIOS to ver. 2.3 for Ivy Bridge CPU's on my actual SB i7-3930K processor. Now I'm stuck....Can't upgrade or downgrade the BIOS no matter what. I don't know what to do besides ordering a new BIOS chip. I can't even overclock my CPU anymore. Never goes beyond 3.8 GHZ, no matter what settings I put inside BIOS interface.

    Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

  5. #15
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    All you can do is try flashing version 2.30 again, but DO NOT remove the USB flash drive until Windows reboots completely after the BIOS update. You also must install the new version of the Intel IME software after using the 2.30 BIOS, the correct versions of that file is listed in the Description of the 2.30 BIOS update. The other software listed in that description should be updated too, if you use it.

    Otherwise if that fails, a new BIOS chip is the only fix.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    scranton PA
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    I had the same problem and I had to use internet flash.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    All you can do is try flashing version 2.30 again, but DO NOT remove the USB flash drive until Windows reboots completely after the BIOS update. You also must install the new version of the Intel IME software after using the 2.30 BIOS, the correct versions of that file is listed in the Description of the 2.30 BIOS update. The other software listed in that description should be updated too, if you use it.

    Otherwise if that fails, a new BIOS chip is the only fix.
    Thank you parsec, for your quick reply.

    I'm afraid I need to order a new BIOS. I CAN'T flash any version of BIOS listed on ASRock download page. None works 2.3, 2.6 and 2,7 ver. BIOS GUI freezes each time I connect my USB stick and try to flash the chip, regardless of version. I have to hard turnoff my PC to get out of BIOS interface and boot back to normal again. However my machine works fine but unable to overclock beyond 3.8 Ghz.

    If I remember correctly I flashed bios ver. 2.2 (or maybe 2.1) a few months ago with the current one, which was the last version designed for SB CPU's, and it was the most stable one I have experienced. I canít seem to find that ver. anymore on ASRock website, and unfortunately I donít have it saved on my machine either. I must have deleted it.

    In case I order a new BIOS chip I need that ver. preinstalled on the chip, since any ver. before this one was very unstable with my MoBo/RAM combo. Or I will flash the new chip to that ver. myself if I can download it from somewhere. Although I searched, I couldnít find that ver. on the web as of yet.

    P.S. I have contacted ASRock Tech support more than a week ago via email to ask them about this issue but received no reply. What to do if I want to contact them for a replacement BIOS chip? Iím afraid they wonít answer, still.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    Thank you parsec, for your quick reply.

    I'm afraid I need to order a new BIOS. I CAN'T flash any version of BIOS listed on ASRock download page. None works 2.3, 2.6 and 2,7 ver. BIOS GUI freezes each time I connect my USB stick and try to flash the chip, regardless of version. I have to hard turnoff my PC to get out of BIOS interface and boot back to normal again. However my machine works fine but unable to overclock beyond 3.8 Ghz.

    If I remember correctly I flashed bios ver. 2.2 (or maybe 2.1) a few months ago with the current one, which was the last version designed for SB CPU's, and it was the most stable one I have experienced. I can’t seem to find that ver. anymore on ASRock website, and unfortunately I don’t have it saved on my machine either. I must have deleted it.

    In case I order a new BIOS chip I need that ver. preinstalled on the chip, since any ver. before this one was very unstable with my MoBo/RAM combo. Or I will flash the new chip to that ver. myself if I can download it from somewhere. Although I searched, I couldn’t find that ver. on the web as of yet.

    P.S. I have contacted ASRock Tech support more than a week ago via email to ask them about this issue but received no reply. What to do if I want to contact them for a replacement BIOS chip? I’m afraid they won’t answer, still.
    ASRock support does reply every email inquiry. Please check your email spam box or send your BIOS Request again by using this form ASRock > Support Request Form .

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    Quote Originally Posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
    ASRock support does reply every email inquiry. Please check your email spam box or send your BIOS Request again by using this form ASRock > Support Request Form .
    Maybe they reply to every email but they did not reply to my inquiry, yet (since March the 1st) and I checked spam folder all along. I already used the request form and received ONLY an automated response from ASRock that reads as below:
    Dear Customer,
    Please DO NOT reply to this automatic mail. It is just a confirmation that we have received your email. We will have technical support personnel to contact you soon.
    For technical issue and emergency case, we suggest you to contact your dealer first.
    If your dealer canít solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists (ASRock > Support). Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers update the FAQ every month.
    If it is regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly check with your dealer for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.
    Thanks for your email,
    ASRock Technical Support Division
    Today is my second attempt to describe my issue to them (ASRock) again through Request Form and I'll keep a close eye on my mailbox to see if someone will reply to me in the next few days. :)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Can't flash bios!? ASRock Extreme6/GB

    ASRock still dead silent on my requests. I don't know why, but.... I may search for an alternative to obtaining that dreaded BIOS chip. Should I get it on ebay or elsewhere? Are they genuine and safe to buy? Anyone?!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •