Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASrock 980DE3-U3S3 BRAND NEW dead after bios update

omoiyume is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down ASrock 980DE3-U3S3 BRAND NEW dead after bios update

So, i bought a new 980DE3-U3S3 to replace my merely working 960GM-GS3 FX, computer worked fine at first, aside from that "Device not found" when it boots, i think it looks to boot to SATA3 even after i set the SATA2 disk as primary boot, but after installing and configuring everything i noticed a "AMD Radeon 3000" graphics card with an exclamation mark in the Devices Manager, weird enough, my REAL GPU is a XFX HD 6770, so then, i look at the mobo again just to be sure i'm not crazy and yes, it doesn't have an internal gpu, so i went to ASrock site, and saw this in the bios section: "V1.50 Modify device manager get "!" issue after install all MB drivers." Of course, i downloaded it (the windows version, as i always did with my 960 and previous mobos, like the N68) and went ahead on flashing, the process seemed correct as always, verified and all, but after trying to reboot, the mobo doesn't work anymore, no post, no beeps, nothing, i also found that the keyboard and mouse (both usb) don't power up and my GPU's fan starts spinning for a while before going almost off, the only way i could get a beep was removing both dd3 memories, i can tell ALL the components are working, because im using them right now, i really think that the bios, for whatever reason got corrupted, been searching Internet for recovery options but most of them are for laptops (pressing two keys at the same time to flash from a cd) or for other mobos like the Z77 (pressing a clear cmos button on the back while powering the machine with a usb stick and the bios file inside).
    My question is, is any solution available to recover the bios? I could send the mobo to the supplier, but its really far away from me and it will be at least 3 days between sending and getting it back, i would like to fix it myself if possible.

My Specs:
    Motherboard: ASrock 980DE3-U3S3
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965BE 3.4Ghz
    Optical: CD-DVD/RW LG SATA Drive
    Power Supply: MTek 650W (4 Pins MOBO Cable Connected like suggested in manual)
    GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6770 (With 6Pin power supply)
    RAM: Kingston PC3-10700 4GB x 2
    HDD: Samsung 500Gb SATA2 + Toshiba 2TB SATA2
    Last edited by omoiyume; 02-26-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: ASrock 980DE3-U3S3 BRAND NEW dead after bios update

No one can help me? Please, I really need to assemble this new mobo because my 960GM has problems with the usb ports

Unhappy Re: ASrock 980DE3-U3S3 BRAND NEW dead after bios update

250 views, not a single answer, omg, i'm desperate

Have you connected the monitor to the MB's VGA port to see if you get a "display' of it POSTing?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

As i stated before, this mobo DOESN'T have an internal GPU, so thats not possible, in fact, that was the problem with the bios, stated by ASrock itself, you get a non existent ATI Radeon 3000 GPU in Device Manager and the only way to make it disappear is updating the bios, hence, my actual problem. I don't get any POST, not even beeps, only if i remove both ram sticks. I tried doing the CTRL+Home trick + USB Stick with "AMIBOOT.ROM" inside with no luck, using USB Keyboard, it doesn't even power up, using PS2 Keyboard, after pressing the combination several times, all lights in the keyboard blink once (Num Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock) and nothing else happens, if i keep pressing them, it repeats.
    Last edited by omoiyume; 02-27-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omoiyume View Post
    As i stated before, this mobo DOESN'T have an internal GPU,
    Ahh, so you did i now see. Sorry.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Ahh, so you did i now see. Sorry.
    Don't worry, i wrote a lot to read it all, any other suggestion?

Seems like i will have to send it to RMA since no one has any suggestion.

Thread Information