Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BSOD Hardware Malfunction then no power

matter2003 is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock Z75 MB Fried? BSOD Hardware Malfunction then no power

Was on here a few months ago and had RMA'd everything other than my MB which I had to buy because the warranty had just expired. Purchased an ASRock Z75 board and got all my replacement parts and things have been great until I got up yesterday morning. I go to the computer and see a BSOD stating

"Hardware Malfunction please contact your vendor for support" ***this system has been halted****

I did a hard reset and the computer booted up with no issues and loaded into windows. Go to work and come home later that night and see the same message again. I again have to do a hard reset, but this time it won't turn back on. No power, no nothing. I am assuming the MB is shot as I tried switching PSU's to one I know works and still nothing. All other parts are only a few months old so I don't think those would be the issue...any insight as to what may be going on? Never had any BSOD's at all prior to this.

I am running Windows 7 64bit if that helps any...
    Last edited by matter2003; 02-26-2014 at 11:30 PM.

matter2003 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: BSOD Hardware Malfunction then no power

Appears that MB is dead..took out of case put on cardboard and removed everything but RAM and processer, still no power. Took RAM out, still no power.

This MB is DOA after 3 months

Thread Information