Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock z78 extreme 4 motherboard help.

Default Asrock z78 extreme 4 motherboard help.

So this is my first build ever and I'm coming across issues here, I've overcome some but here I am now, the issue at hand is after getting an A2 error I decided to unplug all the SATA cords connected to the mtoher board (optical, HDD, and SSD), and boot up, it booted up fine except for a b4 error that I got to, which is that USB error. I tried restarting the computer with the mouse already plugged in and the error did not come up, this time I get an error 99, but the thing is at the moment I have no PCI installed in the slots. What is the next step?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock z78 extreme 4 motherboard help.

We really need more information about your build, such as the drives you are using, what CPU you are using, etc.

Are you using the onboard graphics? You may need to select Onboard for the graphics, which might be set to PCI-E now, for a graphics card.

What SATA ports are you using? The two at the top of the board are the ASMedia ports, the ones below it are the Intel ports. Only use the Intel ports when you first try starting the PC, they are much more stable, faster, and will work without an OS installed.

If you have not installed your OS yet, and seeing A2 displayed, that is normal, just before you to into the BIOS.

Thread Information