Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock g41c-gs :How to install Windows 7 x64 to a sata drive?

Default asrock g41c-gs :How to install Windows 7 x64 to a sata drive?

Hello,
    Does the asrock g41c-gs motherboard require an IDE configuration/hard drive to install an operating system to? I'm unable to install to a sata hard drive or a sata ssd drive. Are there settings in the bios that need to be changed to install to a sata drive? Thanks.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: asrock g41c-gs :How to install Windows 7 x64 to a sata drive?

Your board has one IDE connector, and four SATA connectors, and there is no reason you cannot install an OS on a SATA drive.

But when you install Windows 7, you must set the ATA/IDE Configuration to Enhanced. That setting is in the Storage Configuration menu, found in the Advanced menu option.

Were your SATA drives listed in the ATA/IDE Configuration screen? You should check your board's manual, but some of the information only applies to IDE HDDs when used with an OS older than XP. Windows 7 has SATA drivers for your board.

Checking your board's manual should be helpful:

ASRock > G41C-GS

"Unable to install to a SATA HDD or SSD" is a rather general statement, more details mean better answers.

Default Re: asrock g41c-gs :How to install Windows 7 x64 to a sata drive?

Thank you. It ended up being a bad hard drive (that was previously functional in my last system). The bios and windows were able to recognize the drive and its spec's - but continued to report I/O errors during the OS install. Got everything up and running now.

Thread Information