Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Default Re: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Yea, sorry. Just got back home.

Two things.

First is try a lower generation card in there if you have one, or try and borrow one to test with. The Newer R series have been showing up here with BIOS issues/incompatibilities. They seem to be rolling new BIOSes for the MB's and this issue. Assuming this is your issue.

Second, assuming a different card gets a display going there for you is to then update the BIOS to the latest. The Instant Flash method from within the BIOS is less prone to causing a headache. Look at the Stickies here for http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html , read first and follow precisely if you're affected as messing up there is another headache pit-fall. parsec has done an excellent job there in describing the ins and outs and ifs and buts. Be sure to "Like' it if that there Thread helps. He'll appreciate it.
    I'd love to try this but I don't have any other compatible video cards at my disposal

Quote Originally Posted by Jackx429 View Post
    I'd love to try this but I don't have any other compatible video cards at my disposal
    No friends to beg, borrow, ........ or steal one from behind their backs? :)
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-17-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Or even an old PCI card that's now been kicked and scuffed beyond recognition that might still work?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Or even an old PCI card that's now been kicked and scuffed beyond recognition that might still work?
    Haha sadly I dont. I'll ask my Computer Tech teacher to loan me one later this week

Besides, I'm less worried about the video cards and just how to deal with this A2 error... The manual says it's an IDE detect issue?

:DDDDDDD I took out my video cards and switched the spots they were in and now I have monitor signal! I'm in my BIOS!

Haha sadly I dont. I'll ask my Computer Tech teacher to loan me one later this week
    In the meantime, seeings you have a Sandy Bridge proc, I'd spend some time in that Sticky Thread I linked above and ask questions there if it's not clear the procedure you should/need to follow. That I can't stress enough. Blow the/any specifics you might need for updating and you might well be waiting even more on ASRock to ship you a new BIOS chip.

FYI: Assuming the MB is new and not used or was an open box, your current BIOS revision that it came flashed from the factory with, for knowing while reading that Sticky, is printed on a white sticker that covers it. Located on the lower right of you board, over the MB mounted power button.

:DDDDDDD I took out my video cards and switched the spots they were in and now I have monitor signal! I'm in my BIOS!
    Bonus!

In the meantime, seeings you have a Sandy Bridge proc, I'd spend some time in that Sticky Thread I linked above and ask questions there if it's not clear the procedure you should/need to follow. That I can't stress enough. Blow the/any specifics you might need for updating and you might well be waiting even more on ASRock to ship you a new BIOS chip.

FYI: Assuming the MB is new and not used or was an open box, your current BIOS revision that it came flashed from the factory with, for knowing while reading that Sticky, is printed on a white sticker that covers it. Located on the lower right of you board, over the MB mounted power button.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

hmmm okay so now that I'm in the BIOS, my disk drive doesnt seem to be in the boot order list? even though the computer seems to recognize that there is a disk drive

Is it connected to #1 of the BLACK SATA ports?

You also might give clearing the BIOS a shot after it hanging at the video card fiasco.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information