Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Default Re: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Is it connected to #1 of the BLACK SATA ports?

You also might give clearing the BIOS a shot after it hanging at the video card fiasco.
    ok ok so now it's in the list... SO, I put the disk that came with the MB in and it's stopped at
    "Select source:
    1. Generate the SATA diver diskette for intel X79 chipset for XP32
    2. Generate the SATA diver diskette for intel X79 chipset for XP64
    3.EXIT"

is this asking me if I want 32 or 64 bit? what do I do?
    Last edited by Jackx429; 03-17-2014 at 04:38 AM.

The OS Install disc, assuming you need ti install an OS on that 2TB disk. The ASRock X79 Support CD most likely holds outdated drivers and apps. Best to look at your MB's D/L page online for any current and or updated drivers and or apps.

If you go to update your BIOS do read that thread.

um... wtf..
    ok so I hit number 2 when it asked which SATA diver disketter for intel x79 chipset I wanted to generate..
    number two picks the 64 bit one..
    and then it says "only 1.44mb floppy drive is supported!"

Back again.

You get past the SATA driver disk creation yet? Are you installing XP x86(32bit) or XP x64(64bit)? Probably easiest if you simply download that driver from the downloads page for this MB that matches the OS you're installing.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-17-2014 at 03:12 PM. Reason: duh, XP x32(32bit)??? Corrected to XP x86(32bit) !

parsec is offline Senior Member

wardog, XP? I could not find a mention of XP, although your assumption would be valid on any other platform, except X79 (man do you have the luck.)

Jackx429, regardless of the OS you are installing, you will need to use the following driver during the Windows installation, at the Install driver point (this one is for Win 7):

RSTe SATA Floppy Image ver:3.5.0.1101, found here: www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X79 Extreme6/?cat=Download&os=Win764

The 64 bit XP version of the file is: RSTe SATA Floppy Image ver:3.1.0.1085.

Whatever file you use, it must be unzipped, and the resulting files copied to the root folder of a USB flash drive. The "floppy" terminology is a hold over from the XP days, no need for a floppy drive for Windows 7. Put the USB flash drive in a USB 2.0 port on the board's I/O panel, and do NOT remove it until Windows reboots the first time during the installation. You must click the Load Driver button during the installation, and follow the prompts. When it completes, your HDD should be visible to Windows.

The driver disk might work with a USB drive, I can't tell you since I don't have your board.

The X79 chipset is unique among PC mother boards, as it was imported from Intel's server board chipsets. Windows versions for PC use (non-server versions) do not have a native SATA driver for this chipset, so the basic driver must be installed by the user during the Windows installation.

@ parsec

Quote Originally Posted by Jackx429 View Post
    .... I put the disk that came with the MB in and it's stopped at
    "Select source:
    1. Generate the SATA diver diskette for intel X79 chipset for XP32
    2. Generate the SATA diver diskette for intel X79 chipset for XP64
    3.EXIT"

is this asking me if I want 32 or 64 bit? what do I do?
    Also, from the X79 Extreme6 Downloads page shows full downloads for XP in both x86 and x64. Or did I misunderstand you in that post above?

Curiously, the XP downloads I hovered over on the XP x86 and x64 D/L pages oddly include XP, Vista, and Win7 rolled into one installer. Which may well explain why Jack was offered from the Support CD, and where I read, the choices of XP32 or XP64, above. Though that seems silly to label the choices offered as XPanything instead of simply labeling as x86 or x64, minus the XP part, to cut the confusion as they obviously install Vista and Win7 too. Too much Sake during that days lunch maybe?????
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Too much Sake during that days lunch maybe?????
    Ok ok. I realize my mistake there. Too much baijiu during that days lunch maybe?????

Ewwwww

Baijiu:

Properties of Paint Thinner Solvents - Open Chat - Wuhan Expat's Forum on Lifestyle, Travel and Business

Lifted from Interview: Western Convert on the 6 Types of Chinese Hard Liquor You Should Try | Asia Society :
    You're known as a baijiu expert and connoisseur. Most foreigners seem to hate this drink. What makes you different?

I don't know that there is anything that makes me particularly unique besides persistence and perhaps a bit of masochism.
    and

"I thought it tasted like paint-thinner and felt like a liquid lobotomy," Michael Pareles, manager at the U.S. Meat Export Federation in Beijing, told Reuters.

"Chinese baijiu can make a man cry," travel blogger Joshua Bernstein wrote on his blog.

"Make no mistake, this is a singularly repellent spirit," wrote China-based American writer Derek Sandhaus on his blog, 300 Shots at Greatness,

@ parsec

Also, from the X79 Extreme6 Downloads page shows full downloads for XP in both x86 and x64. Or did I misunderstand you in that post above?

Curiously, the XP downloads I hovered over on the XP x86 and x64 D/L pages oddly include XP, Vista, and Win7 rolled into one installer. Which may well explain why Jack was offered from the Support CD, and where I read, the choices of XP32 or XP64, above. Though that seems silly to label the choices offered as XPanything instead of simply labeling as x86 or x64, minus the XP part, to cut the confusion as they obviously install Vista and Win7 too. Too much Sake during that days lunch maybe?????
    So if I'm understanding you correctly, I must install a sata driver in order to install my OS? So I stick the sata drivers on a USB and then the computer takes then (hopefully but with my luck so far there's no telling) and then IF that works I can install my operating system?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackx429 View Post
    So if I'm understanding you correctly, I must install a sata driver in order to install my OS? So I stick the sata drivers on a USB and then the computer takes then (hopefully but with my luck so far there's no telling) and then IF that works I can install my operating system?
    Yes, required even more for XP since it existed long before the X79 chipset. For XP 64 bit you need this file: RSTe SATA Floppy Image ver:3.1.0.1085

Once you extract the main zip file, find the RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64 folder, and in it you should find these files:

Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug-x79-flpy-driver-jpg

Copy all of them to a USB flash drive, you can use it for both AHCI and RAID mode, your SATA setting in the BIOS should be AHCI by default.

As I said before, even after Windows seems to have found and loaded this driver, and it should then see your drive, do not remove the USB flash drive until Windows is completely installed and reboots.

Once Windows XP is installed, be sure to run these file/driver installers before anything else, in this order:

1. INF driver ver:9.4.0.1017

2. Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.40.1416

3. Broadcom Lan driver ver:14.8.4.1 (you'll have no Internet without this.)

You could run the ASRock driver installation disk instead, which will install these and everything else, including things you may not want or use.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information