Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Default Re: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Yes, required even more for XP since it existed long before the X79 chipset. For XP 64 bit you need this file: RSTe SATA Floppy Image ver:3.1.0.1085

Once you extract the main zip file, find the RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64 folder, and in it you should find these files:

Attachment 6659

Copy all of them to a USB flash drive, you can use it for both AHCI and RAID mode, your SATA setting in the BIOS should be AHCI by default.

As I said before, even after Windows seems to have found and loaded this driver, and it should then see your drive, do not remove the USB flash drive until Windows is completely installed and reboots.

Once Windows XP is installed, be sure to run these file/driver installers before anything else, in this order:

1. INF driver ver:9.4.0.1017

2. Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.40.1416

3. Broadcom Lan driver ver:14.8.4.1 (you'll have no Internet without this.)

You could run the ASRock driver installation disk instead, which will install these and everything else, including things you may not want or use.
    Now what if I want windows 7?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackx429 View Post
    Now what if I want windows 7?
    Same basic situation, as I said earlier, the X79 chipset and the Intel RSTe SATA driver were never used on a PC platform until recently, so Windows did not need to have a built in driver to support that platform. You'd be surprised by how many built in SATA drivers Windows 7 and 8 have, but the need for the RSTe driver (the root cause of the problem) in Windows home products never existed before.

Same procedure for loading the driver that I described earlier, just a different version for Windows 7, which is RSTe SATA Floppy Image ver:3.5.0.1101, found here: ASRock > X79 Extreme6

A short example of the way to load this driver is actually available in the FAQ section of your board's info page. The question refers to the SATA RAID driver, but the procedure is identical:

ASRock > X79 Extreme6

The file name in the FAQ is a slightly different version, a generic version for multiple versions of Windows. It's simpler to use the Win 7 specific version if you are using Win 7.

I'll mention this but I do not want you off chasing this tangent. A certain BIOS update for your board allows the use of the standard Intel AHCI/RAID driver, called IRST. I DO NOT recommend trying to change your BIOS version or changing to this driver on a new system and a new Windows installation. Win 7 does have a native driver compatible with chipsets that use IRST, which would mean you would not need to load a driver during the installation. Loading the driver is easier than changing to the IRST driver, which includes a BIOS update, changing BIOS settings, and is slightly dangerous, whereas loading a driver is not.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Same basic situation, as I said earlier, the X79 chipset and the Intel RSTe SATA driver were never used on a PC platform until recently, so Windows did not need to have a built in driver to support that platform. You'd be surprised by how many built in SATA drivers Windows 7 and 8 have, but the need for the RSTe driver (the root cause of the problem) in Windows home products never existed before.

Same procedure for loading the driver that I described earlier, just a different version for Windows 7, which is RSTe SATA Floppy Image ver:3.5.0.1101, found here: ASRock > X79 Extreme6

A short example of the way to load this driver is actually available in the FAQ section of your board's info page. The question refers to the SATA RAID driver, but the procedure is identical:

ASRock > X79 Extreme6

The file name in the FAQ is a slightly different version, a generic version for multiple versions of Windows. It's simpler to use the Win 7 specific version if you are using Win 7.

I'll mention this but I do not want you off chasing this tangent. A certain BIOS update for your board allows the use of the standard Intel AHCI/RAID driver, called IRST. I DO NOT recommend trying to change your BIOS version or changing to this driver on a new system and a new Windows installation. Win 7 does have a native driver compatible with chipsets that use IRST, which would mean you would not need to load a driver during the installation. Loading the driver is easier than changing to the IRST driver, which includes a BIOS update, changing BIOS settings, and is slightly dangerous, whereas loading a driver is not.
    Awesome, I'll try this Friday when I go back to my moms house and we'll see how my luck turns out

I am having the same problem. As soon as the system attempts to start the POST, I get an A2 on the monitor and the digital display on the motherboard.

My config is as follows:

ASRock X79 Extreme6
    i7-3820 Sandy Bridge
    32GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series
    Solid Gear 750W ATX12V/EPS12V PSU
    I have tried both a standard PCI S3/Virge card and a PCIe x4 card out of a Dell computer (don't know the actual brand of card)
    I have not added a drive yet because I can't get past the error. I did try to add a Seagate 1TB 7200rpm drive but that did not help.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, hi. So what the fix for me was, with the video card, I just took I out and tried it in several different slots until that worked. After I got my display up. I was wanting windows 7 as my OS so what I did was ignore this error and just put the disk in. Don't use the disk that come with the mb it's almost entirely useless until the OS is installed. So I just put the OS install disk in and installed it. And later, after all our stuff is nice and set up, you can put your drivers disk in and run it.

Thanks Jackx429 for the response. Unfortunately that did not resolve my problem. I tried my standard PCI s3/Virge card in both of the PCI slots resulting in the A2 error and I tried the PCIe x4 card in all three PCIe slots, the first slot gave me an A2 error and the other two PCIe slots gave me a d6 error, which I understand to be a video card error. I tried to reset BIOS between testing with the PCI vs. PCIe cards. I have ordered a cheap PCIe x16 GeForce 8400 card from Newegg and I will try that when it comes in. I'll let you know the result once I get it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information