Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ASrock FM2A88X-itx+ with A10-7850K overheating problem

Default Re: ASrock FM2A88X-itx+ with A10-7850K overheating problem

Quote Originally Posted by slekkas View Post
    This cooler has the fan under the heatsink. I also ordered another 80mm fan antec tricool and I'll use it to blow fresh air into the case. So the one brings fresh air and the other exhaust. What you think?
    You'll only know once it's assembled but I really can't see it NOT needing another to push some air additional through it. 80mm under the heatsink huh?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The fan is under the top of the heatsink itself. It's an 80mm x 10mm model, which is small and weak as fans go, pics and review here:
    80mm x 10mm? I'll bet that's a cyclonic monster, NOT. And the vicious circle keeps tightening ........

Jeepers. Gymnast come to mind imagining the contortions involved with changing that fan in-place.

Well slekkas, you got yourself a little powerhouse there. Literally and figuratively. Now what's left is to work through those heat and temp issues. Comparatively, the power issue is easily corrected.

As you're finding, the Mini-ITX form factor is challenging what with the ability to pack so much into so little. I'm impressed. Neat first go 'round for ya, all things considered.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-20-2014 at 02:43 AM.

I'm now wondering if some creative person somewhere on the 'net has detailed how to strap a 120mm fan atop that cooler, provided there's room.

I was thinking of that myself. I don't think it's hard to put a fan on top. I will attempt this...

So I went out and took your advice and solved my problem. Not only that but I'm actually very satisfied with my system.

Since I already had a good corsair 650 Watt modular PSU all I needed was a case. I'm very happy with my purchase. I got the Bitfenix phenom mini-itx case. It looks amazing and it's very spacious and easy to use.

So these are the changes I made:
    1 applied Arctic cooling mx-4 paste.
    2 changed case
    3 changed PSU

Now my temp for CPUTIN is 32c and I even overclocked to 4.3 and the temperature doesn't idle over 45c and I'm really ignorant in overclocking. All I did was set the auto oc mode to 4.3. If there's better way to do it feel free to send me to the correct post.

Again thank you guys for all the help.
    Last edited by slekkas; 03-22-2014 at 05:27 AM.

^^^ Now you're talkin'.

Awesome case.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Everything is relative, the OP's new case is nice, but still small compared to other PC cases. I've wanted to go small myself, but really need the main thing to do so, which I don't have... a mini ITX board.

Note slekkas is using the same CPU cooler, and now with a CPU OC, is running at a decent temperature. Lesson here, larger case plus real case ventilation (not one 80mm flea fart fan) equals no over heating problem. All in one PC manufactures, and most of their users, ignore CPU temperatures. If the PC does not shut down due to excessive CPU temp, all is well in their philosophy. But change anything in those PCs, mainly adding a video card, and they fail miserably. A non-PC enthusiast saw one of my PCs and said, "look at all the fans". We take that for granted, but that reminded me of reality.

A few suggestions for slekkas, do not bother changing to a 200+mm fan that your case can use. Most of them are worthless, particularly the thin ones (20mm or less) and are worse for cooling than a 120mm fan. I would suggest adding one 120mm fan to the top of your case if it will fit, which will provide even better cooling.

Your case has the bottom mount PSU style, which I prefer. The PSU should be mounted upside down, so its top vent is down to draw air in through the bottom. That way the PSU just cools itself, and is not used as a fan for the rest of the PC. That was an old school ATX method when PSU's were mounted at the top of a case.

Your Auto OC is Ok given your CPU temps. You need to learn the ways to OC before changing the auto settings, and use a monitoring program to check the main CPU OC factor, the CPU voltage, or VCore.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Everything is relative, the OP's new case is nice, but still small compared to other PC cases. I've wanted to go small myself, but really need the main thing to do so, which I don't have... a mini ITX board.

Note slekkas is using the same CPU cooler, and now with a CPU OC, is running at a decent temperature. Lesson here, larger case plus real case ventilation (not one 80mm flea fart fan) equals no over heating problem. All in one PC manufactures, and most of their users, ignore CPU temperatures. If the PC does not shut down due to excessive CPU temp, all is well in their philosophy. But change anything in those PCs, mainly adding a video card, and they fail miserably. A non-PC enthusiast saw one of my PCs and said, "look at all the fans". We take that for granted, but that reminded me of reality.

A few suggestions for slekkas, do not bother changing to a 200+mm fan that your case can use. Most of them are worthless, particularly the thin ones (20mm or less) and are worse for cooling than a 120mm fan. I would suggest adding one 120mm fan to the top of your case if it will fit, which will provide even better cooling.

Your case has the bottom mount PSU style, which I prefer. The PSU should be mounted upside down, so its top vent is down to draw air in through the bottom. That way the PSU just cools itself, and is not used as a fan for the rest of the PC. That was an old school ATX method when PSU's were mounted at the top of a case.

Your Auto OC is Ok given your CPU temps. You need to learn the ways to OC before changing the auto settings, and use a monitoring program to check the main CPU OC factor, the CPU voltage, or VCore.
    You are absolutely right. I was really sad that I had to leave my small antec case but the reality is that you cannot cramp a bunch of powerful components into such small room without paying a price. It would be ideal if we could use them but not realistic. If I only used it for web and movies it would work but as soon as gaming came along the pc literally was able to increase the heat in my room. I really want to learn to overclock a little better but i'm not sure if my scythe kozuti cooler is strong enough.

Joe-912 is offline Member

I have really enjoyed this Thread, but I almost fell off my chair when I saw the screenshot of that Antec Psu, but Nice new case!
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information