Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by dhelazt View Post
    This Screen Shot from my Bios :
    Attachment 6663
    It report high temperature and show very high voltage. But, i've try using digital mutimeter to measure the voltage and it seems the voltage is fine. 12V rail reported 12.1V on idle and drop to 11.97 at high load. HWInfo64 can't read voltage sensor, just like another hardware monitoring.
    Strange, HWiNFO reads the voltage sensors fine on all the PCs I've ever used it on, never a problem reading PSU voltages. If HWiNFO cannot read the voltages on that board, that also tends to show the sensor chip is bad.

If I changed my PSU, and right afterwards the PSU voltage readings were way off like yours, I would think the PSU was bad. But if you checked the voltages with a digital multimeter, then the PSU is not the problem.

How do you know your board uses the Nuvoton NCT6776D sensor chip? NCT6776F is what is displayed by HWiNFO64 for my ASRock Z87 board, I'll check the board and see what it is but I thought it was the NCT6776F.

I wonder if a corrupted BIOS could cause this problem? If you don't mind doing a BIOS flash, you could apply BIOS 1.50 again, or the new 1.60 version as a test.

white sticker show bios Version
    I know that. BIOS version and more. What does it say printed on it? All of it.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Strange, HWiNFO reads the voltage sensors fine on all the PCs I've ever used it on, never a problem reading PSU voltages. If HWiNFO cannot read the voltages on that board, that also tends to show the sensor chip is bad.

If I changed my PSU, and right afterwards the PSU voltage readings were way off like yours, I would think the PSU was bad. But if you checked the voltages with a digital multimeter, then the PSU is not the problem.

How do you know your board uses the Nuvoton NCT6776D sensor chip? NCT6776F is what is displayed by HWiNFO64 for my ASRock Z87 board, I'll check the board and see what it is but I thought it was the NCT6776F.

I wonder if a corrupted BIOS could cause this problem? If you don't mind doing a BIOS flash, you could apply BIOS 1.50 again, or the new 1.60 version as a test.
    I've flash my bios with P1.60 version, and the problem is still there. Th sensor is NCT6776D is larger than NCT6776F, I see the sensor IC and it says Nuvoton NCT6776D. I feel there is something wrong with my board, but AXTU can read correct value on MB Temp, even with wrong other Temp. and Voltages.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    I know that. BIOS version and more. What does it say printed on it? All of it.
    I can't see the entire text, it covered by warranty sticker, but the last text says P1.20-15A, where P1.20 is the BIOS version

Before you file for a retailer warranty exchange or ASRock RMA.....

Double check that both the 4pin and 24pin MB power cables are secure and proper by reseating both of them.

And too, while you're reseating them check closely that all the pins where both these 4pin and 24pin plug into on the MB are in fact still pointing straight/correct and not folded over or missing.

You said this began when you changed the PSU, right?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Before you file for a retailer warranty exchange or ASRock RMA.....

Double check that both the 4pin and 24pin MB power cables are secure and proper by reseating both of them.

And too, while you're reseating them check closely that all the pins where both these 4pin and 24pin plug into on the MB are in fact still pointing straight/correct and not folded over or missing.

You said this began when you changed the PSU, right?
    I double check it again, then everything is fine. I try some different PSU, corsair cx430, vs450, thermaltake litepower 600, and old delta psu from acer pc. something weird, all those PSU reported with same voltage, even with different models and oem. Is that possible ? that mean something wrong with the sensor IC

parsec is offline Senior Member

I double check it again, then everything is fine. I try some different PSU, corsair cx430, vs450, thermaltake litepower 600, and old delta psu from acer pc. something weird, all those PSU reported with same voltage, even with different models and oem. Is that possible ? that mean something wrong with the sensor IC
    Yes, there must be something wrong with the sensor IC. There is no chance that ALL those PSUs would read the same wrong voltages.

I think it is safe to say the sensor IC is not working correctly. The only thing you could try is updating to the latest BIOS version, 1.60, just in case your current BIOS was corrupted somehow. Otherwise if you can RMA the board, do that, but I don't know if it is still under its warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Yes, there must be something wrong with the sensor IC. There is no chance that ALL those PSUs would read the same wrong voltages.

I think it is safe to say the sensor IC is not working correctly. The only thing you could try is updating to the latest BIOS version, 1.60, just in case your current BIOS was corrupted somehow. Otherwise if you can RMA the board, do that, but I don't know if it is still under its warranty.
    I've update the BIOS to P1.60 and nothing changed. My MB is still under warranty, i've use this MB for 7-8 Months.

One last idea/thought.

Turn all the MB mounting screws out a full turn and then re-tighten them.

You're there in Indonesia and I'm wondering if the high humidity hasn't corroded or otherwise weakened the ground path the screws provide.

Other than that suggestion I'd file a warranty if that doesn't solve this. Bugger is you might get the same board back from RMA/Warranty and be forced to pay return shipping as what do you think the odds are of them connecting the board to their test bench and find no problems? Rock and a hard place.

One last idea/thought.

Turn all the MB mounting screws out a full turn and then re-tighten them.

You're there in Indonesia and I'm wondering if the high humidity hasn't corroded or otherwise weakened the ground path the screws provide.

Other than that suggestion I'd file a warranty if that doesn't solve this. Bugger is you might get the same board back from RMA/Warranty and be forced to pay return shipping as what do you think the odds are of them connecting the board to their test bench and find no problems? Rock and a hard place.
    I've try it, release all screws and re-tighten them all but the problem wouldn't go. check the mainboard outside the case without any add-on components like VGA and HDD, but the problems is still there. I think the IC is bad, and there is one way to solve it, just RMA the MB.

Yep. Get an RMA #, pack her up, and send her out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information