Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FM2A88X+ Fatality RAM won't run beyond 1600

Default Re: FM2A88X+ Fatality RAM won't run beyond 1600

If these sticks are deemed stable at 1866 9-9-9 and the DRAM voltage is within reason I myself would stop there. The jump to 2133 and surely resultant higher timings nets performance a big zero.

As a matter of fact when I get the free time to dink here I'm going for your 1866 9-9-9. That's way better performance than either 2133 XMP Profile these offer.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    If these sticks are deemed stable at 1866 9-9-9 and the DRAM voltage is within reason I myself would stop there. The jump to 2133 and surely resultant higher timings nets performance a big zero.

As a matter of fact when I get the free time to dink here I'm going for your 1866 9-9-9. That's way better performance than either 2133 XMP Profile these offer.
    Damn. I just remembered I have 4 sticks in that particular box. Well, anyways, we'll give it a best effort here, sane voltages allowing. Bummed............

My 1866 wasn't stable so I might try some more voltage stuff since all I did was increase ram voltage. 1866 crapped out under load which would in theory tell me its not receiving enough juice kinda like how a car with a low battery will try to suck more juice popping fuses.

1866 crapping on these sticks is prolly after reading all you've done IMO more indicative of yours having a weak controller. 1866 and DRAM v at 1.6 should, I say should, be enough. That 9-9-9 leaves me cautious though. Push that CPU/NB and add +.01v while watching your temps. If that 0.01 works begin lowering it and testing in between till it it show you its ugly side then go back up +0.001 and do a final test.

I really really wish Matt would hurry things along on his end and reply to your post in the G.Skill section here concerning compatibility.

Maybe I'll try the 1866 at 10-10-10 at 1.60 plus the cpu/nb voltage increase. I was hoping for 2133 since it seems to give a healthy boost to the GPU.

The iGPU will/does benefit from higher MHz, that's by design. Within limits of course, meaning, after all it isn't a full sized PCI-e GFX card with two 100mm fans cooling it. Like in your first posts reasons for getting, it performs quite admirably all things considered

How long have you had these sticks? Are they within the grace period for returning?

I've had this stuff since the 18th or so, order was placed the 14th iirc. I have been checking the 'egg to see if anything on the qvl is in stock and it seems the majority isn't. It's rather frustrating to have a huge list and nothing in stock, this comes from my retail days when the new year's product was released. Old stuff is gone, new stuff isn't in yet.

Criminy, if you're looking at ASRocks Memory QVL, that's basically useless now. They, ASRock, are first and foremost a motherboard manufacturer and thus have a limited and in some cases outdated in-house "store' of memory with which they test.

I've put a link here in this thread that takes you to G.Skill's Ram Configurator with this boards pre-set list of memory G.Skill, being first and foremost a memory manufacturer, continually updates and has been verified by G.Skill to work on this motherboard. Or use the link in my Sig and enter what's required to view the results.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Something to help ya burn the caffeinated midnight oil to.

BIOS screenies I just upped today from Server 2 in my sig. All stock BIOS settings, using XMP 2133 Profile 2, and absolutely no other changes

1.4 volts for the CPU?? :O What's your nb voltage set to?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information