Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading from K8T800 939 to ASRock 939A785GMH

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Upgrading from K8T800 939 to ASRock 939A785GMH

What really matters is the potential support for the VIA RAID chipset, that can be tracked down with the VIA info you found.

I'm not aware of any boards that used the VIA chipsets for Intel CPUs. That might be caused by Intel not offering to share CPU information needed by a mobo manufacture if they don't buy the Intel made chipsets. AMD did not seem to mind, and I know some of the Nvidia chipsets for mother boards were used on some Intel CPU boards. Nvidia buggy chipset products killed that business for them a while ago.

b wizz is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Upgrading from K8T800 939 to ASRock 939A785GMH

Many months on now I took the plunge and upgraded to the asrock board, I managed to save my system settings and programs which saves a lot of re finding some of my stuff aquired over many years. Now using 3 sata 2 drives in raid 0 using a removable rack for ghost back ups.
    How I did it may not be ideal but . my system is as I hoped faster and stable (So far).

I have some queries about the graphics card set ups which I will ask in anotherpost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information