Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 USB 3.0 Issues

Default AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 USB 3.0 Issues

Hey everyone!

I'm having some trouble and thought I would try this. Recently my USB 3.0 ports on my Z77 Extreme 6 just stopped working. Even the bios doesn't pick up the USB wireless keyboard that I have plugged in anymore. I moved the "Logitech Unifying Receiver" now to a 2.0 port. Other devices provide the same result.

I checked the device manager and all the drivers are up to date and the bios has 3.0 enabled. Even got to the point where I just now formated my computer. The next step would be to set the bios to default, but I thought I would try on here first.

System Setup:

Asrock Z77 Extreme 6
    i7 3570k
    Windows 7 64bit
    8 Gigs Kingston Ram
    Geforce 660 Ti
    Logitech Wireless keyboard

Here is a picture of my device manager:

Any thoughts?

-A

Default Re: AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 USB 3.0 Issues

No idea...but I'm having a problem with USB 3 on my FM1 A75 Pro4m. USB works at USB 2 speeds and will not work at all w/a USB 3 dock. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by minuseven View Post
    Any thoughts?
    You show two USB "devices' plugged in, two "USB Composite Devices" listed in that pic. One is the Logitech Unifying Rec.. Is whatever the second "device' is in a 3.0 port and working?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

None of your USB sources are marked as having a problem in Device Manager. When you say, "Other devices provide the same result", what do you mean?

We might see errors if something was plugged into the failing ports, but nothing can be seen in your picture.

Keyboards and mice are not faster on a USB 3.0 port, most if not all of them run at USB 1.0 speeds, they are not transmitting large amounts of data. USB 3.0 ports and devices have extra contacts and lanes/wires that allow more data to pass through, which is how they appear "faster" in benchmarks. A USB transmitter like your keyboard's receiver only have connections for USB 2.0 operation.

Thread Information